Yale 6400 second siren not very loud

To the original poster. Another thought

When the siren is sounding is there a break in the siren sound?

ie instead of whheeooowheeooowheooo it goes whee ooowhee oooowhee ooo

If so then it means the sirens batteries are low and hence it being quiet.

Sponsored Links
Trial and error is your words not mine.

Now here is a graded wireless panel:
From memory, just in case you wonder.

Go to enrolling, select siren, select siren number, learn in, siren bleeps to acknowledge

Now for the trial end error bit :D

Go to enrolling, select siren (2 this time), learn in, siren bleeps to acknowledge.

See the middle bit there with the :D at the end, its not needed.

Visonic Powermax BTW, also does far more and is of a comparable price VS Yale. Just does more and is G2. Also chime can be allocated to any zone,and it will ether chime or yell out the zone descriptor, like Hallway, or if your clever. Abigails Room.

No trolling, just fact based on your own admission.
Oh other graded wireless do the same, no having to "guess".

Thats called knowledge of equipment.

totally of topic thread hijacking trolling ****e as usual

Hmm my name is Alarm and I fitted graded professional equipment now what shall I do?

I know eveyrtime a Yale thread comes up I will barge in like an ignorant oaf and rubbish the equipment hoping noone will ever buy it again and I will fit my pro alarm kit instead.
You are a cardboard cut out clown alarm , an embarrasment to your profession.

an embarrasment to your profession.

No sunshine, thats you all over. Ranting and raving over wireless kit thats not up to the job as you have said.

As for the point of this thread we had already sloved it for you. Then you strut in and throw your toys bot of the pram again.

Look at you, get a mirror. You need a laugh

:LOL:

Sponsored Links
an embarrasment to your profession.

No sunshine, thats you all over. Ranting and raving over wireless kit thats not up to the job as you have said.

As for the point of this thread we had already sloved it for you. Then you strut in and throw your toys bot of the pram again.

Look at you, get a mirror. You need a laugh

:LOL:

No you didn't solve it you jumped to the conclusion this chap had three consecutive faulty sirens. I would bet money that was not the case. possibly one was but not all three. He would have had to be very unlucky as my duff siren rate is less than 1 in 500.
So you did not solve the problem you just fluffed the answer in another yale thread as usual.

Just to clarify the 1st siren taught in OK. The next 2 sirens I had had the same problem (one plus first replacement would not learn) The second replacement would learn and work ok but the volume was much too low (I would guess at about 30dB) I could put my ear right next to it going off without problem and the volume was the same for normal alarm and tamper.

I have tried 3 sounders in this last siren box that did learn OK and the result is the same (low sound output) so I think it is the driver chip on the alarm board unless there is something I am missing. But from the thread it sounds like nobody has seen this before.

There is a break in siren sound as it goes but as per my previous post batteries check out OK 6.3V for the 4. (I'm an electronics engineer so yes I can read a DVM OK)

I agree that the likelihood of getting 3 failures in a row seems highly unlikely but sometimes stuff happens I guess.

I understood you from the start.
I agree with you as you have at all times insisted the siren was "learnt " in.
As I said could be a batch, it also could be a bigger batch in the assembley compoments line, hence the other one with a diff batch number.

Dont suppose you have a DB meter? So we can see the difference.
Not being funny, I do but then again I need it :D

Just to quantifiy the above when one major manufacturer "merged" they used identical processors (supposed, from one product to another)) and this caused glitches as they were not identical afterall.
So it does happen, even to the best.

If there is a break in the siren tone this is how the siren indicates a battery low status. Its low level of sound would indicate this too.
Your hypothesis seems to be correct. somewhere between the battery box outputting 6.3v and the input to the sounder control you are losing voltage. - maybe a dodgy solder or pcb.
Is anywhere getting warm or hot when the sounder is activated? ie anywhere with high resisitance.

Yes unfortunately this is nothing I have come accross before.

If there is a break in the siren tone this is how the siren indicates a battery low status. Its low level of sound would indicate this too.
Your hypothesis seems to be correct. somewhere between the battery box outputting 6.3v and the input to the sounder control you are losing voltage. - maybe a dodgy solder or pcb.
Is anywhere getting warm or hot when the sounder is activated? ie anywhere with high resisitance.

Yes unfortunately this is nothing I have come accross before.

So, that'll be another stuffed box then?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back