which alarm system?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking at installing a wired alarm system in my house. Which system is best and for a reasonable price?
Its for a normal 3 bed house. Also I have cats so its needs to allow for animals.

Any advice?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Many options to choose from.

However, it is you, not the system installed that needs to consider the cats.
No one from the trade will tell you cats will categorically NOT trigger a detector.

Ok so your saying that the system would detect the cats?
Its not really a big deal about that anyway.
So which system do you guys recommend for a reasonable price?
This may be a stupid question but can you use cat5 cable to wire the system as oppose to alarm cable?

A system might not detect cats, but they tend to jump everywhere.

Cat5 isnt really designed for alarm systems, wht we use stranded alarm cable.

Sponsored Links
A system might not detect cats, but they tend to jump everywhere.

Cat5 isnt really designed for alarm systems, wht we use stranded alarm cable.

Ok will use alarm cable. Just got a box of cat 5 on the van. Not to worry.
So which system????

Texecom, Cooper, Galaxy.

Depends on your pocket really Texecom Premier is good and you get support. Cooper slightly more expensive then Galaxy. Which is also harder to programme as you dont get any eng manuals with it.

I use to use Gardiner technology panels and napco detectors, but that was about 5 odd years ago, easy to wire, easy to program etc, but do not know if they are still about, use to be up rochdale way.

Called Risco now.
Same panels, well upgraded slightly :D
You would still be famillier with them probably.

I use to use Gardiner technology panels and napco detectors, but that was about 5 odd years ago, easy to wire, easy to program etc, but do not know if they are still about, use to be up rochdale way.
Over on the other side of motorway now.
Stakehill Distribution Park.

Good to know that Alarm & Alumni, that Geoff Gardiner always like to build things up and then sell them. What are the risco products like.

Good to know that Alarm & Alumni, that Geoff Gardiner always like to build things up and then sell them. What are the risco products like.
I use it, meets my requirements.
They still have the best company ambassador, George, on the trade counter.

Regarding product preference though, ask 10 people and you'll get several different variants

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back