optima xm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an optima xm alarm, when i set the alarm zone 3 goes off, i've lost the instructions telling me which zone is which (i know zone 1 is front door and zone 4 is the living room pir) I've checked the shockgard window sensors and the bedroom one (where the alarm is) is working and i have 13v at the blue and yellow wires, the other 3 shockgard sensors are not working (at the back of the house) and i only have 3.11v at the blue and yellow wires on these. Can anyone tell what the problem is with this info ?

Sponsored Links
No pint stabbing in the dark you need to find out what zone 3 is.

I presume its an XM 4 zone alarm? How many sensors (doors windows etc) is there connected? Does it trigger straight away, or after a certain time?

Had any work done recently, new carpets/windows etc

Yeah its a 4 zone, i have determined that zone 3 is shockgard window sensors (3 of them ) all these have the same voltage (3.11v) whereas the bedroom sensor (same type) has a higher voltage (13v). There is no lights working on the 3 faulty ones but the bedroom on is working fine. no recent work done.

Sponsored Links
sound like you have acable fault between devices, check ALL cable runs from the devices and replace as required,

REMOVE the power from the panel, (only the 12 volt feeding the devices)

then re cable test reconnect,

all then should be ok

Oasis

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back