cctv /boundries

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Infront of my house there is a shop that has been extended right up to the boundary wall. The front of my house faces the side of the shop which is approx 7m away.
On the side of the shop there is dome cctv camera. how do i sand with this because my lounge and all the kids bedrooms are on the same side as the unit.

Sponsored Links
Infront of my house there is a shop that has been extended right up to the boundary wall. The front of my house faces the side of the shop which is approx 7m away.
On the side of the shop there is dome cctv camera. how do i sand with this because my lounge and all the kids bedrooms are on the same side as the unit.
Because the cameras are on a commercial site, they should, and certainly if you insist, mask out the relevant sections of the image that show your windows. It might be cheap toot that doesn't have the feature though.

Have you spoken to the shop regarding your concerns?
You may find the camera isn't looking at your house but down the side of the shop.

Have you spoken to the shop regarding your concerns?
You may find the camera isn't looking at your house but down the side of the shop.

Agreed, and as above, best to see whats what first, should have no problem finding out.

Let us know how you get on

By law you have the right to know if your property is being watched, and have it moved/masked.

The others are correct.

Sponsored Links
The others ar corret. Their camera should only view what is their property. As far as I am aware, they aren't even allowed to film the street infront of their property.

The others ar corret. Their camera should only view what is their property. As far as I am aware, they aren't even allowed to film the street infront of their property.
So how do commercial premises cover their perimeter?

They are allowed to "look" over their own perimiter. However certain areas should be "masked" off. Such as private gardens, windows.

One site I maintain has TZ`s and they encroach on many private dwellings, the cameras are either not allowed to be moved to the positions or masked off for 3rd party privicy.

They are allowed to "look" over their own perimiter. However certain areas should be "masked" off. Such as private gardens, windows.

One site I maintain has TZ`s and they encroach on many private dwellings, the cameras are either not allowed to be moved to the positions or masked off for 3rd party privicy.
I know that. :)
I was enquiring of the previous poster how he thought they achieved it if not allowed to.

We've just captured an incident of a scroat keying an employees car.
Shows said scroat leaving his house, walking down garden, out to car, then doing the deed.
Police happy enough with this too.

I know you know, you plonker.
It was info for the previous poster.

I know that. :)
I was enquiring of the previous poster how he thought they achieved it if not allowed to.

We've just captured an incident of a scroat keying an employees car.
Shows said scroat leaving his house, walking down garden, out to car, then doing the deed.
Police happy enough with this too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back