Wallmount TV, cable connections housing prevents tilting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to wall mount my flat screen TV, with the TV tilted slightly downwards; but unfortunately, all the SCART/HDMI etc. connections are towards the middle bottom of the TV and you have to plug them in horizontally (instead of vertically). So, the plastic backs of the Scarts and the HDMI's stick out, and press against the wall, and I can't tilt my TV downwards. :cry: :cry:

I've tried googling solutions to this, but came up with nothing. Is there anything I can do, except from making a hole in my wall? Are there products available to help with my situation? i.e. adaptors that plug direct into a Scart and HDMI connection and rotate it 90 degress without taking up much room?

Many thanks. :)

Sponsored Links
Cant you find a tv bracket that is bigger (so the tv stands further from the wall).
How much are you looking at, can you not fit a block of wood to the wall, then fit the bracket to that.
My bedroom tv bracket is spaced off using a piece of wood that I had to bolt through a cupboard to give support to, it is not noticable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back