Where to position room stat?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Last weekend I fitted all of my rads (except the one in the hall) with TRVs. I now want to fit a room stat in the hall to finish the job. The hall is long and narrow (3.5 ft by 30 ft) as can be seen in the rough plan.

Where do you think would be the best position for the room stat? I would like to use position 'C' - it is the easiest place for wiring as the CH timer is inside the hotpress.

hallplan8uv.jpg

Some measurements:

X to A = 20 ft
X to B = 15 ft
X to C = 8 ft

Any comments will be much appreciated!

Rgds,
Bothy

ps Drawing is not to scale, it is longer and narrower than it looks.

Sponsored Links
Position C looks fine - away from rad and draughts from front door, but might it be affected by conducted heat from "hot press" (airing cupboard?)? Probably not.

"hot press" (airing cupboard?)?

Chris, you are correct. I have just checked in my Chambers, and apparently the term 'hot press' is exclusively used in Ireland!

Thanks for your quick reply.

Sponsored Links
i wouldn't bother using a room stat personally just TRV's :confused:

just my opinion but why would you want one single point in your house determine the temperature of the rest of the house :eek: dont make sense to me

Room thermostat has been a buildings reg. (Part L) requirement for years - will save on gas bills and boiler will last longer (stops short cycling)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back