DIYnot
Local | Network
   DIYnot > Forums
Local | Network
DIYnot Network Local DIYnot Network Local  
  Forum IndexForum Index     RulesRules    HelpHelp     Join FREERegister Free     About CookiesCookies     SearchSearch     LoginLogin 

Whats the point of an alarm....really?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DIYnot.com Forum Index > Alarms, CCTV & Telephones
Search this topic :: View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
alumni

from United Kingdom

Joined: 12 Dec 2010
Posts: 2761
Location: Yorkshire,
United Kingdom
Thanked: 83 times

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:54 pm Reply with quote

spacecat wrote:
firstly you shouldnt be posting if you actually kept your word

Secondly any stats could be made available by a simple FOI request

thirdly YOU HAVE NO STATS or you would be the first to say it

EVERY industry I have ever heard of SHOUTS about stats/evidence to advertise their products

Eg. KILL ALL KNOWN GERMS DEAD
8 out of 10 Cats
ad infinitum

Why be so coy?

I am looking for verifiable scientific data not chancers on a website

We do hold statistics.
But you're the one banging on about facts and statistics to support your position. Odd that even when requested, you fail to provide this supporting evidence.

So come on, you're the one taking a stance. Support it.
Back to top
The following user says thank you to alumni for this useful post:
LooPrEvil (29 Jun 2011)
 Alert Moderators

If you do not want to see this advert, click here to login or if you are new click here to join free.
oasistechnical

from United Kingdom

Joined: 26 Dec 2009
Posts: 678
Location: Hampshire,
United Kingdom
Thanked: 115 times

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:08 pm Reply with quote

we keep a log (as required) of all false alarm, genuine alarms, burgaries etc on file at our office,

but as you are a useless cretin i will not divulge any information to you!!

as you have no justifiable reason to require it!!

so wind your neck in an get a life!!!

Oasis

this is my one and only post for this thread as the geezzer is just an annoying troll and a wind up merchant.
go play on the M25 (or what ever large motorway is available to you in your area)
Back to top
The following user says thank you to oasistechnical for this useful post:
LooPrEvil (29 Jun 2011)
 Alert Moderators
9651

from United Kingdom

Joined: 27 May 2011
Posts: 164
Location: Cheshire,
United Kingdom
Thanked: 18 times

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:10 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
A professional burglar could probably get round your alarm and having one in a rural area is practically null and void as no one will come anyway



So,

If your wife and kids were alone at the remote house of spacecat towers in the middle of the countryside, you don't think there is any point in having one?

If someone broke in and it was an aggravated attempt to steal whatever, a panic alarm linked to ARC via PSTN/GPRS is no use? At least your Mrs would have a chance to activate it, and be guaranteed a response. If they had tried to defeat it via cutting the line etc, it would still work. Or, is it better for you not to have any response, and when your loved one tries to dial the police the phone line is dead??

Hmmmmm
Back to top
 Alert Moderators
yaleguy3

from United Kingdom

Joined: 22 Feb 2010
Posts: 950
Location: United Kingdom
Thanked: 64 times

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:59 pm Reply with quote

Spacecat

Here is a question I think should really be answered in my experience over and above any questions about alarms.

What is the point of a 250k brand new house with a 10 lock fitted by a national builder to save money but which can be defeated in 20 seconds.

Whilst I have my run ins with a few trolls on here I do not denigrate their work (other than a cinical marketing company promoting decoy boxes) I simply aim to defend mine.

I point everyone towards professional installers if they need an insurance approved system.
Back to top
 Alert Moderators
spacecat

from United Kingdom

Joined: 12 Mar 2010
Posts: 1821
Location: London,
United Kingdom
Thanked: 4 times

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:40 pm Reply with quote

All i am saying which the ladeez seem to be getting into such defensive hissy fits about is..........

I can see no GENUINE evidence that i should buy a so called 'professional wired' alarm over a wireless one ..which i have got a Yale 6400 or indeed a dummy box

You tell me what industry or product have you EVER HEARD OF that keeps

POSITIVE statistics which makes it LOOK GOOD to itself!

Its a totally ludicrous suggestion that such information is kept! and NOT shared!


Cmon guys no one knows who you are i wont tell ADT or anyone it was you

SHOW ME THE EVIDENCE YOU CLAIM TO HAVE THAT A WIRED ALARM PREVENTS MORE BURGLARIES THAN A WIRELESS ONE OR A GOOD DUMMY BOX.

You simply CANNOT what a crock of poo

Where are the independent studies NONE, where are the surveys NONE

I am supposed to take the word of a few Mugs who INSTALL them ! are you kidding me? Its just a sales pitch

You lot are worse then double glazing salesmen at least they can actually QUOTE some stats to say your house will be warmer and quieter


Peace of mind doesnt exist its just a self delusion get the facts

If a dummy box provides 95% of the protection of a wired alarm how much is that 5% worth, not the additional 1000's in installation and contract costs.

Honestly trading standards should look into this baloney
Back to top
 Alert Moderators
Alarm

from United Kingdom

Joined: 18 Oct 2010
Posts: 8970
Location: London,
United Kingdom
Thanked: 529 times

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:43 pm Reply with quote

ROFL.
Trading standards, for what?
To investigate the laws we work to?
The insurance companies that demand Alarm systems, to certain standards.
The Police that recconmend alarm systems?

Go on give them a call.

You really do get funnier and funnier.

PS, where are your stats that have been asked for?
Back to top
 Alert Moderators
spacecat

from United Kingdom

Joined: 12 Mar 2010
Posts: 1821
Location: London,
United Kingdom
Thanked: 4 times

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:44 pm Reply with quote

9651 wrote:
Quote:
A professional burglar could probably get round your alarm and having one in a rural area is practically null and void as no one will come anyway



So,

If your wife and kids were alone at the remote house of spacecat towers in the middle of the countryside, you don't think there is any point in having one?

If someone broke in and it was an aggravated attempt to steal whatever, a panic alarm linked to ARC via PSTN/GPRS is no use? At least your Mrs would have a chance to activate it, and be guaranteed a response. If they had tried to defeat it via cutting the line etc, it would still work. Or, is it better for you not to have any response, and when your loved one tries to dial the police the phone line is dead??

Hmmmmm


By the time the old Bill got there what ever would have happened would have happened and they would have all been long gone!

she would be probably better off legging it with a mobile phone
Back to top
The following user says thank you to spacecat for this useful post:
aptsys (30 Jun 2011)
 Alert Moderators
spacecat

from United Kingdom

Joined: 12 Mar 2010
Posts: 1821
Location: London,
United Kingdom
Thanked: 4 times

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:46 pm Reply with quote

Alarm wrote:
ROFL.
Trading standards, for what?
To investigate the laws we work to?
The insurance companies that demand Alarm systems, to certain standards.
The Police that recconmend alarm systems?

Go on give them a call.

You really do get funnier and funnier.

PS, where are your stats that have been asked for?


Are you still posting MR hypocrite?

I asked for YOURS first show me yours and i'll show you mine!
Back to top
 Alert Moderators
Alarm

from United Kingdom

Joined: 18 Oct 2010
Posts: 8970
Location: London,
United Kingdom
Thanked: 529 times

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:49 pm Reply with quote

Still posting because your being a cretin.
Told you ring your local force for their stats, i`m not allowed to give them out. As for my own, you would not understand them anyway.
Back to top
The following user says thank you to Alarm for this useful post:
LooPrEvil (29 Jun 2011)
 Alert Moderators
spacecat

from United Kingdom

Joined: 12 Mar 2010
Posts: 1821
Location: London,
United Kingdom
Thanked: 4 times

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:07 pm Reply with quote

Alarm wrote:
Still posting because your being a cretin.
Told you ring your local force for their stats, i`m not allowed to give them out. As for my own, you would not understand them anyway.


NOT ALLOWED to give them out.............im ROFL this is an internet site


you can go on the police national crime database and get stats for your postcode..are you saying they hold stats comparing Wired,wireless and dummy boxes effectiveness?

which is what im asking

what is this TOP secret info you hold thats so difficult to explain that only

dun dun duuuh ONLY ALARM INSTALLERS can Understand it.............LMFAO you cant make this cr@p up
Back to top
 Alert Moderators
Alarm

from United Kingdom

Joined: 18 Oct 2010
Posts: 8970
Location: London,
United Kingdom
Thanked: 529 times

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:34 pm Reply with quote

Your obviously not listening either.
Again your just here for an argument.

You still drinking? Always makes you like this does it not.
Back to top
 Alert Moderators
alumni

from United Kingdom

Joined: 12 Dec 2010
Posts: 2761
Location: Yorkshire,
United Kingdom
Thanked: 83 times

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:52 pm Reply with quote

Alarm wrote:
Your obviously not listening either.
Again your just here for an argument.

You still drinking? Always makes you like this does it not.




and changing his question to suit, the OP was an alarm V no alarm


anyways - govt data to be going on with


http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/20100413151441/crimereduction.homeoffice.gov.uk/burglary/burglary17.htm



plenty more if you google
Back to top
 Alert Moderators
alumni

from United Kingdom

Joined: 12 Dec 2010
Posts: 2761
Location: Yorkshire,
United Kingdom
Thanked: 83 times

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:03 pm Reply with quote

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
How very odd

It would appear i have a doppelganger.
Back to top
 Alert Moderators
Moderator 10
Moderator Comment
Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:55 pm    Comment:

Will get Admin to look into it.
 
alumni

from United Kingdom

Joined: 12 Dec 2010
Posts: 2761
Location: Yorkshire,
United Kingdom
Thanked: 83 times

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:00 am Reply with quote

Cheers
Interestingly, i had shut the pc down when this ocurred.
Back to top
 Alert Moderators
LooPrEvil

from United Kingdom

Joined: 23 Nov 2009
Posts: 1636
Location: Anglesey,
United Kingdom
Thanked: 53 times

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:27 am Reply with quote

Whats the point of an alarm....really?

Whats the point of spacecat....really?
Back to top
 Alert Moderators
Search this topic :: View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DIYnot.com Forum Index > Alarms, CCTV & Telephones All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Similar Topics   Replies   Views   Posted 
CCTV - Whats the rules on where I can put it?! 14 1520 Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:29 am
Whats this? 9 420 Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:45 pm
Whats the legals? 3 340 Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:22 am
Yale burglar alarm 6400 pir entry point 2 100 Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:52 am
No master socket. Where is the demarcation point? 14 360 Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:58 pm


 
DIYnot
Find an Expert | Find a Supplier | Search DIYnot.com
Network | Advertising | Newsletter
DIY | DIY How To | @home | DIY Wiki | DIY Forum
By using this site you agree to our Terms of Service / Disclaimer.
Please read our Privacy Policy. Copyright © 2000-2014 DIYnot Limited.