Whats the point of an alarm....really?

Status
Not open for further replies.
firstly you shouldnt be posting if you actually kept your word

Secondly any stats could be made available by a simple FOI request

thirdly YOU HAVE NO STATS or you would be the first to say it

EVERY industry I have ever heard of SHOUTS about stats/evidence to advertise their products

Eg. KILL ALL KNOWN GERMS DEAD
8 out of 10 Cats
ad infinitum

Why be so coy?

I am looking for verifiable scientific data not chancers on a website
We do hold statistics.
But you're the one banging on about facts and statistics to support your position. Odd that even when requested, you fail to provide this supporting evidence.

So come on, you're the one taking a stance. Support it.

Sponsored Links
we keep a log (as required) of all false alarm, genuine alarms, burgaries etc on file at our office,

but as you are a useless cretin i will not divulge any information to you!!

as you have no justifiable reason to require it!!

so wind your neck in an get a life!!!

Oasis

this is my one and only post for this thread as the geezzer is just an annoying troll and a wind up merchant.
go play on the M25 (or what ever large motorway is available to you in your area)

A professional burglar could probably get round your alarm and having one in a rural area is practically null and void as no one will come anyway

So,

If your wife and kids were alone at the remote house of spacecat towers in the middle of the countryside, you don't think there is any point in having one?

If someone broke in and it was an aggravated attempt to steal whatever, a panic alarm linked to ARC via PSTN/GPRS is no use? At least your Mrs would have a chance to activate it, and be guaranteed a response. If they had tried to defeat it via cutting the line etc, it would still work. Or, is it better for you not to have any response, and when your loved one tries to dial the police the phone line is dead??

Hmmmmm

Spacecat

Here is a question I think should really be answered in my experience over and above any questions about alarms.

What is the point of a £250k brand new house with a £10 lock fitted by a national builder to save money but which can be defeated in 20 seconds.

Whilst I have my run ins with a few trolls on here I do not denigrate their work (other than a cinical marketing company promoting decoy boxes) I simply aim to defend mine.

I point everyone towards professional installers if they need an insurance approved system.

Sponsored Links
All i am saying which the ladeez seem to be getting into such defensive hissy fits about is..........

I can see no GENUINE evidence that i should buy a so called 'professional wired' alarm over a wireless one ..which i have got a Yale 6400 or indeed a dummy box

You tell me what industry or product have you EVER HEARD OF that keeps

POSITIVE statistics which makes it LOOK GOOD to itself!

Its a totally ludicrous suggestion that such information is kept! and NOT shared!

Cmon guys no one knows who you are i wont tell ADT or anyone it was you

SHOW ME THE EVIDENCE YOU CLAIM TO HAVE THAT A WIRED ALARM PREVENTS MORE BURGLARIES THAN A WIRELESS ONE OR A GOOD DUMMY BOX.

You simply CANNOT what a crock of poo

Where are the independent studies NONE, where are the surveys NONE

I am supposed to take the word of a few Mugs who INSTALL them ! are you kidding me? Its just a sales pitch

You lot are worse then double glazing salesmen at least they can actually QUOTE some stats to say your house will be warmer and quieter

Peace of mind doesnt exist its just a self delusion get the facts

If a dummy box provides 95% of the protection of a wired alarm how much is that 5% worth, not the additional 1000's in installation and contract costs.

Honestly trading standards should look into this baloney

ROFL.
Trading standards, for what?
To investigate the laws we work to?
The insurance companies that demand Alarm systems, to certain standards.
The Police that recconmend alarm systems?

Go on give them a call.

You really do get funnier and funnier.

PS, where are your stats that have been asked for?

A professional burglar could probably get round your alarm and having one in a rural area is practically null and void as no one will come anyway

So,

If your wife and kids were alone at the remote house of spacecat towers in the middle of the countryside, you don't think there is any point in having one?

If someone broke in and it was an aggravated attempt to steal whatever, a panic alarm linked to ARC via PSTN/GPRS is no use? At least your Mrs would have a chance to activate it, and be guaranteed a response. If they had tried to defeat it via cutting the line etc, it would still work. Or, is it better for you not to have any response, and when your loved one tries to dial the police the phone line is dead??

Hmmmmm

By the time the old Bill got there what ever would have happened would have happened and they would have all been long gone!

she would be probably better off legging it with a mobile phone

ROFL.
Trading standards, for what?
To investigate the laws we work to?
The insurance companies that demand Alarm systems, to certain standards.
The Police that recconmend alarm systems?

Go on give them a call.

You really do get funnier and funnier.

PS, where are your stats that have been asked for?

Are you still posting MR hypocrite?

I asked for YOURS first show me yours and i'll show you mine!

Still posting because your being a cretin.
Told you ring your local force for their stats, i`m not allowed to give them out. As for my own, you would not understand them anyway.

Still posting because your being a cretin.
Told you ring your local force for their stats, i`m not allowed to give them out. As for my own, you would not understand them anyway.

NOT ALLOWED to give them out.............im ROFL this is an internet site

you can go on the police national crime database and get stats for your postcode..are you saying they hold stats comparing Wired,wireless and dummy boxes effectiveness?

which is what im asking

what is this TOP secret info you hold thats so difficult to explain that only

dun dun duuuh ONLY ALARM INSTALLERS can Understand it.............LMFAO you cant make this cr@p up

Your obviously not listening either.
Again your just here for an argument.

You still drinking? Always makes you like this does it not.

Whats the point of an alarm....really?

Whats the point of spacecat....really?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back