Retirement age!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are all living longer so we all have to work longer is the current governments message to us all, right!

A life insurance statistic also says that "if we retire early we live longer"!

Lets turn this around so it must also mean that "if we retire later we die younger"!

This government is very very clever!!!

servotech,

Sponsored Links
Indeed , kill us all off before we've recieved half what we've paid in and that defecit will be gone in no time at all :confused:

Live to save, save to die?

******, i`m gonna enjoy this. Leave enough for my sons and go out with a bang.

Just hope my numbers all come up on the Euromillions Lottery on Friday. Not wanting to be greedy or owt, but I hope I win it all on my own. Wouldn't want to share £130 million with anyone.
Should be enough for my retirement. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Personally, I think we should go down the "Logans Run" road & terminate the aged!! Oops!! I'm flashing red--I'm off!

Another point that I'd like to make on this is how the thinking on retirement has changed over the last 40 -50 years.

Back in the day it was thought that when a person reaches 60+ he is then well passed his best and it would make economic sense to retire that person therefore letting someone younger, fitter and therefore more able to do that said persons job more efficiently.

What it's really all about is the government successfully changing peoples perspectives on retirement.
Servotech,

Sponsored Links
Back