Plasma switches itself off

241V @ over 50Hz isn't the norm.

Yes, it is, and you've already claimed the sets are calibrated for 240VAC at 50Hz.

The general supply is 220v @ 49Hz.

No, it's 230V+10%-6%, 50Hz. The voltage varies quite a bit, but around 240V is normal. The frequency is grid-wide and presently stands at 50.07Hz according to the operators. 49Hz is out of range, and would be very abnormal for more than a few moments.

Sponsored Links
241V @ over 50Hz isn't the norm.

Yes, it is, and you've already claimed the sets are calibrated for 240VAC at 50Hz.

The general supply is 220v @ 49Hz.

No, it's 230V+10%-6%, 50Hz. The voltage varies quite a bit, but around 240V is normal. The frequency is grid-wide and presently stands at 50.07Hz according to the operators. 49Hz is out of range, and would be very abnormal for more than a few moments.

The figures quoted above were not supplied by me, but by others, so by your own admission, the input voltages are incorrect.

To be frank....I really do not give a damn. If your brand new plasma TV blew up, has screen faults, the TV modulates, then fails....If it breaks.....and I give a reasonable explanation as to why it does that...but others state I'm wrong......but don't offer a solution....then carry on....you haven't fixed these, I have, You haven't tested these, I have, carry on with your generalisms, and theory.

All my experience and knowledge of repairing these are disregarded, and insider knowledge from the manufacturers, but as people seem to have a better understanding, than the training that the manufacturers provide, bring it on..You know best. Carry on, TV'ing. Internet rumours on how to fix, are dangerous.

241V @51 Hz...vs 220V at 49 Hz, massive difference. Give it a rest.

The figures quoted above were not supplied by me, but by others, so by your own admission, the input voltages are incorrect.

So you actually have no idea what you're talking about and are just pulling random figures off the internet?

To be frank....I really do not give a damn. If your brand new plasma TV blew up, has screen faults, the TV modulates, then fails....If it breaks.....and I give a reasonable explanation as to why it does that...but others state I'm wrong......but don't offer a solution....then carry on....you haven't fixed these, I have, You haven't tested these, I have, carry on with your generalisms, and theory.

You haven't given any reasonable explanation. You have not explained in any valid terms the electrical theory behind your claims. You haven't even managed to be consistent with the few figures you have pulled out of your backside. I may not have fixed a plasma TV, but I spend a great deal of time working with electronics as a hobby, and I know raw bullshit when I see it.

You're the one claiming it blows up Plasma TVs! And I think you'll find it is quite a large difference, especially as the grid frequency is nowhere near either. It is legally required to be within 1% of 50Hz, which leaves both 49Hz (your figure) and 51Hz (your amazing rounding up of 50.050Hz) well out of spec.

So you actually have no idea what you're talking about and are just pulling random figures off the internet?

You haven't given any reasonable explanation. You have not explained in any valid terms the electrical theory behind your claims. You haven't even managed to be consistent with the few figures you have pulled out of your backside. I may not have fixed a plasma TV, but I spend a great deal of time working with electronics as a hobby, and I know raw bulls**t when I see it.

You're the one claiming it blows up Plasma TVs! And I think you'll find it is quite a large difference, especially as the grid frequency is nowhere near either. It is legally required to be within 1% of 50Hz, which leaves both 49Hz (your figure) and 51Hz (your amazing rounding up of 50.050Hz) well out of spec.

I have fixed these TV's. You haven't. I have the manufacturer manuals, tech specs, and mods. You don't. I've worked in the factories that produce these produce, You haven't, Come back when you have.

I suggest your information is based on heresay, rumour, and guilt? You have no basis to found anything that you propose, as fact?

Sponsored Links
I have fixed these TV's. You haven't. I have the manufacturer manuals, tech specs, and mods. You don't. I've worked in the factories that produce these produce, You haven't, Come back when you have.

I suggest your information is based on heresay, rumour, and guilt? You have no basis to found anything that you propose, as fact?

Let's see these manuals then. If you're not willing to show them to us, or some other form of evidence to back up your claim, kindly STFU and go play with your 220V 49Hz supply.

Let's see these manuals then. If you're not willing to show them to us, or some other form of evidence to back up your claim, kindly STFU and go play with your 220V 49Hz supply.

Oh sorry I PAID MONEY for those manuals....So for me to post them in the public domain is ILLEGAL. I suggest you visit sites that provide you with manufactorer manuals....if you want to view them? Then pay for them too?

Oh sorry I PAID MONEY for those manuals....So for me to post them in the public domain is ILLEGAL.

Actually I think you'll find that depends on the license under which you hold a copy of the manual.

I suggest you visit sites that provide you with manufactorer manuals....if you want to view them? Then pay for them too?

Well then, I guess you'll have to find some other way to back your claims up, because I have no need of repair manuals for cheap chinese crap.

The manuals are copyright, and only available to the people that bought them. YOU can buy them, but they would never be shared, you have no need for cheap Chinese crap, then don't repair it then.

If you asked nicely, I might slip a diagram or two to you...but you are rude and offensive. As per.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back