Accenta G4 LCD Remote - Difficulty Programming Zones

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Having great difficulty programming this unit. Installation wired and has passed all installation tests. Sad really because I have done the difficult part!

Installation
I have wired all 8 zones. Zone 1 is the magnetic front door contacts. Zone 2 is wired to a PIR protecting Hallway and door area. The LCD remote is located within the hallway and all three are withion 2 metres of each other. This represents entry/exit route for setting / resetting the G4.

As I set all 8 Zones to USED ('Yes' status) - seems sensible as all are USED in my installation, when I re check them after setting status, some zones seem to revert to 'No' - Unused? Similar problems occur when I set Zone 1 to Timed and Zone 2 (PIR) to inhibited.Again, status is not the same when I review the settings I made!! I have found the Engineers User Guide of little help to identify / resolve problem.

So, can you advise whether my zone assignmentis sensible given the installation described - do I need to use 'Omit Allow' function? and has anyone experienced similar programming difficulties/ resolved them. Incidentally I am setting Program 1 with a Timed Exit Mode.

Hope anyone can help. Have now spent over three hours scratching my head!

Mike

Sponsored Links
Try going to P in the menu options then P1.
Allocat the zones to that group.
That will give you the group setting options programmed valid.

Hi
Thanks for reply. No joy unfortunately. I did try to allocate all zone detectors to P1 thats when my problems start. They ALL dont seem to want to comit to P1. If I force say Zone 1 As 'Used Zone' to 'Yes' and follow sequence as per manual, when I re check Zone 1 say may revert to 'UNUSED' - 'USED - 'No'. Extract from manual below.

In summary I want all 8 zones USED. And, if you can confirm, is it sensible for Door Magnetic to be Timed (say 15 secs) and Hallway PIR to be 'Inhibited'. These are Zones 1 nad 2 respectively.

re manual (confusing:
For any program a zone cannot be timed and inhibited. If a zone is swelected as one it will be removed from the otherZones ion timed and inhibited lists will be automatically added to 'used list'
Zones removed from the 'used lists' will be removed from 'timed' and 'inhibited' lists

Thanks
Mike

Hi
Having great difficulty programming this unit. Installation wired and has passed all installation tests. Sad really because I have done the difficult part!

Installation
I have wired all 8 zones. Zone 1 is the magnetic front door contacts. Zone 2 is wired to a PIR protecting Hallway and door area. The LCD remote is located within the hallway and all three are withion 2 metres of each other. This represents entry/exit route for setting / resetting the G4.

As I set all 8 Zones to USED ('Yes' status) - seems sensible as all are USED in my installation, when I re check them after setting status, some zones seem to revert to 'No' - Unused? Similar problems occur when I set Zone 1 to Timed and Zone 2 (PIR) to inhibited.Again, status is not the same when I review the settings I made!! I have found the Engineers User Guide of little help to identify / resolve problem.

So, can you advise whether my zone assignmentis sensible given the installation described - do I need to use 'Omit Allow' function? and has anyone experienced similar programming difficulties/ resolved them. Incidentally I am setting Program 1 with a Timed Exit Mode.

Hope anyone can help. Have now spent over three hours scratching my head!

Mike

Don't you have to press SET to save the changes you've made in the menu?

Just a thought.

Sponsored Links
Hi
Yes, but you can also (according to instructions) toggle status using Zone identifier. Eg If Zone 2 you can set /unset by pressing the '2' key OR you can use SET as suggested) I have tried both.

Perhaps I need to try a factory reset and try again in case logic is a bit messed up?

Would you set Zone 1 as Front Door magnetic contacts (timed) and 2 as Hallway Pir (inhibited) or vica versa if I use factory default P1 program?
Mike

Your doing waht everyone does (DIY) and not seeing the woods for the trees.

Go back. default the panle. As you suggest use zone 1 as enrty/exit and 2 as access.

sorry late use the panel terminology as intended.

Bet it then works.

Yip. Alarm now works fine using default P1 Program with zones you confirmed having re-setted panel. MAny thanks.javascript:emoticon(':)')

Sorry resolved it now after some more reading thanks

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back