CCTV installation to prove my innocence

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am seriously considering installing CCTV to prove my innocence - my neighbour has taken to calling the police and accusing me of harassing her! Whilst I know I don't have to prove my innocence, I would like to if it doesn't end up too costly, because being accused of something I haven't done is extremely frustrating and upsetting. I think I would need audio and night vision capabilities. Any advice?

Sponsored Links
Turn that around.
To prove her guilt, that is, her false allegations.

You've done nothing wrong, up to them to prove you have.
You on the otherhand, will have the evidence to prove her claims false and malicious.

I would also think very carefully about audio. Whilst not illegal, it brings with it several problems, one of which leaves you open to the very problem you're currently experiencing.

As to what you need?
How long is a piece of string?

Need some info first.

What info do you need?

I thought I may need audio as I am accused of shouting at her over the fence. Audi coupled with CCTV footage could disprove that.

What info do you need?

I thought I may need audio as I am accused of shouting at her over the fence. Audi coupled with CCTV footage could disprove that.
Nonsense!
Disprove what? Remember, it never happened.
Audio will escalate the situation, big time.

As for info. How can we tell you what you need if we don't know what you've got?

Regarding your concern, either tell the silly cow to put up or shut up - or give her a slap.

Sponsored Links
how do we know your not a psycho who has been shouting over her fence?

anyone can say anything tell her to do her worst, maybe she has cctv of you!

Agree re audio, that's a bad path to go down. Read the CCTV Code of Practice, it has things to say on the subject. Also, Audio is very easily faked and useless as any evidence you may think it would be good for.

And yeah, if you're innocent, ignore it or talk to the police about harrassment.

What info do you need?

It could and would not disprove any previous actions.

Then you knowing a recording was being made could instigate something to your favour, as before how do we know your not the one ?

You should not be recording across your neighbours property in any case nor trying to record their conversations.

If you have an altrication again, use your mobile to film and record it.

As above if it is that bad call the police.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back