Accenta mini 8 fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, could anyone help me please? I was tiling a bathroom at a customers house today. I had to remove a panic button from by the door as the cables ran into the downstairs loo and the customer wanted it removed.

I accidentaly triggered the alarm. We was able to turn the alarm off by releasing the button and coding the keypad. (no chimes from pad tho)

Now i have disconnected the switch completely, left red and black taped up together ( they were in a connector in the switch) and isolated the trigger wires.

The problem i have is that the bell strobe just keeps flashing, and the keypad is non responsive. I have isolated power, disconnected 17 and 27 iirc and linked them together to force a non volatile reset. Strobe stops flashing but the key pad wont allow us to set/reset etc. It will allow us to silence the alarm if its triggered tho.

Reconnnect wires to 17 and 27 and im back to square one.

Any help would be much appreciated. Need to hand over tomorrow.

Cheers Gareth

Sponsored Links
You removed a panic button and it accidently went off.

Isolated the "trigger" rather than joined them together too?

Wow a rebooot attempted. Remove the links after?

You should really get someone in, as your way over your head.

Way over my head? Is the purpose of s forum not to help others? Should I search you posts and see if you have ever been wrong or asked for advice?!!!!

I triggered the alarm by pressing the button by accident!! Red and black are linked. Evrything I have read up on suggested a reset SMaRT Arse

Way over my head? Is the purpose of s forum not to help others? Should I search you posts and see if you have ever been wrong or asked for advice?!!!!

I triggered the alarm by pressing the button by accident!! Red and black are linked. Evrything I have read up on suggested a reset SMaRT a**e
You've obviously been reading the wrong things then.

Completing a 're-set' in the situation that you caused has only made the situation worse.

I suggest that as you obviously know nothing about alarm systems, you don't touch one again as this is going to cost the owner money to get corrected by an alarm engineer.

The panel will need reprogramming because now it has been 'reset to factory settings'.

You do have insurance, don't you?

ps

There is no need for the abuse

Sponsored Links
Have to agree really. To remove a panic button will activate the alarm if you have no engineering codes, pressed button or not, as removing the cover will cause the same event.

FUll reprog required now......

We could do that, 20 mins from Liverpool...... Probably lost a good chunk of the profit though ;)

There was also no need for sarcasm!! a simple "do this" or "that" would have sufficed. I have the instructions and have no problem re-programming.

I have now fixed the problem.. " customer had also pressed the second PA "
thinking that would help without me knowing. Which is why i was getting a trigger no matter what i did.

Had the electricity off all day, battery backup hasnt been changed in almost 10 years. Keypad wasnt responding. All pointing to battery failure and a reset as ive read on the net.

I am a Heating Engineer by trade and get involved allot in Control systems so im no novice with regards to electrics. I have helped numerous users on here myself and thought maybe im missing something..

On another note, yes i am insured. 10 million employers liability and 5 million public liability.

So ERM thanks for that!!! LOL

Have to agree really. To remove a panic button will activate the alarm if you have no engineering codes, pressed button or not, as removing the cover will cause the same event.

FUll reprog required now......

We could do that, 20 mins from Liverpool...... Probably lost a good chunk of the profit though ;)

Cheers for the offer pal, much appreciated but it really P155es me off people using a forum designed to help people for there own gain.

I knew i could just as easily linked the PA out but i didnt want to go fiddling in the board as nothing was labelled up, all the cables were short and i didnt know what else had been wired in ( second PA) in my case.

Its like someone posting on here, my heating wont come on, the 2 port valve is energised bothing else is happening and me saying

" Ah i know what that is, but im not gonna help you" But " What i will do is come round and spank you £80 to fix it instead of saying check for power on the grey and orange and we'll go from there" !!

Well said ! its about time some people on this site got off there high horses and gave help not sarcastic remarks

Well said ! its about time some people on this site got off there high horses and gave help not sarcastic remarks

Totally agree.
Well you two keep agreeing with each other then.

If all the information that has finally been given had been available in the first post I'm sure the the responses would have been different.

As an aside have you, or are you going to correct the other problem to which you have alluded?

I'll assume not as you have not mentioned it, good luck.

And what other problem may that be? The second PA? It Is all sorted and back to normal now working as it should and fully tested.

The other information would not have affected the outcome of the fault as that wasn't the problem!! 1st PA is linked out as it should be.

I don't Persue to be an alarm engineer but if you think I've missed summit then that's cine

If you feel that this site should be used for financial gain then SHAME ON YOU.

As before if you had given all the info, another answer to assist may have been given.
If after codes inserted anyone worth their salt would have tested the HUD circuits before doing a factory restore.
You managed it, great. Why professionals use better equipment.

As for saying you need an engineer, you did. As you had not a clue.
So what if someone said they were loacal, did they advertise?

Bet you do on your side of the forums as many do.
We tend to give a geographical reference to assist, even recconmending rival ( but competent) companies.

Wind your neck in!

What are you waffling on about? Yes everything works as it should. Emitting zones etc etc!!!

Who are you to tell me not to play with something? And who are you to tell me what I don't understand? The system had a SECOND PA which I was un aware of as I have said.

I'm no alarm engineer but I know the basics and that is good enough. After all how hard is it to read the engineers manual on this basic system.!!!! Some people really do think ther better than others and that really p155es me off.!!!!

In that case you know you "omit" a zone.

Maybe why you could not work out how to test the HUD circuit before you crashed the panel.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back