cctv dvr help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, i have a genie dvr that i got off ebay around 6 months ago. its worked fine but now its showing no hdd and no data on play back. After powering up and down a couple of times it seemed to work again and ive just checked it again now and its saying no hdd.

Could i replace this hard drive with a stanard pc 1 or have they got a speacial configuration to them?
Any advice much appreciated

Sponsored Links
Standard HD`s are not up to DVR use.
Check out many DVR suppliers on Google for ones they supply.

well thats an easy one;
disconnect dvr from power remove the cover
remove the hard drive,
power the unit up again , without the hard drive installed
power down the dvr again
reconnect the hard drive
power back up again and see what happens

it SHOULD `see` the drive and ask if you want to format it
format the drive,

if the above works, you have fixed it.

if not go to PC worldplace and pick up a 1 or 2 Terrabyte Caviar Green hard drive and fit that in its place.

the genie dvrs are very stable and work for years, but sometimes they do `fall over` and require, firm ware and or a restart

Oasis

thanks for the advice guys ive just replaced the hard drive now and it seems to work fine so hopefully fingers crossed

Sponsored Links
good, i am glad we are all of service to you, that will be a charge of £155.00 + vat,

sorry, i was just thinking of a call out fee that new client was charged yesterday from aunt daisy to tell him his cctv recorder was defunct!!!

and he under maintenance contract with them and thay still charged him!!!

Oasis

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back