Yale HSA 6400 home arm question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, just a quick one to ask, I have recently installed a yale HSA 6400 & am finding when I have it on home arm if I open my front door, there seems to be no reaction from the control pannel. What zone type should the front door be on. Any answers much appriciated

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi - You need to set up your front door (if thats your normal way in the house) as an ENTRY device or E.

The instruction manual sadly does not tell you to designate an entry device.

sequence = PR - code - tick
then down arrow till cursor is next to devices then tick
then choose edit devices - tick
then scroll through the list of enrolled devices until you find your front door contact.
Then select and follow the prompts making sure to choose Enrty for its status

Your front door set as an entry device will be active whether you set the alarm as away or home armed.

Judging by your post I suspect what you may have done is misunderstood the logic of setting the system for home arming.

What you do when setting devices for home arming is designate the ones you want to omit when the system is home armed. You do this by desinganting the device as an omit or O. ie if you want your upstairs pir to be ommitted when home armed then select it as an OMIT device. When you use the home arm button any devices designated OMIT will be ignored by the system

What you have possibly done is decided which devices you want to be active when home armed and designated them as omit by mistake (its a reverse logic thing)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back