Getting a sky signal into another room

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

I currently have a sky box in my living room but the mrs god bless her cant see me sat down so she wants sky in the 2nd room also.

At the back of the sky box there are 2 outputs, RF1 and RF2. RF1 is connected to the back of the telly in the living room.

I tried connecting RF2 to the telly in the other room, but there is no signal going to that telly. Am i doing it right?

The cable from RF2 to the 2nd telly is 10m long, i was thinking i may need a signal booster but i aint the expert so please if someone can point me in the right direction my wife will appreciate it very much! :)

Thanks folks

Sponsored Links
Really depends on what you want. a) the ability to see the same channel in two rooms or b) the ability to watch different sky channels in each room.

a) can be acheieved by the use of a magic eye set up..this gives an analogue signal and the ability to control sky from the room. Needs a co-axe cable run from the back of the sky box (from RF1 I belive) to the TV in the other room. the kit costs about £25 but I've seen it cheaper, or Sky used to offer a service whereby they would set it up... not sure if they still do this.

B) you would need to get Sky multiroom which requires another sky box, a 4 way connector on your sky dish and fitting by Sky. Multiroom costs £10 a month extra at the moment. There are usually a few offers to be had on the cost of the new box and fitting.

I've just had multiroom fitted and it cost £49.50 for a 1TB sky+ HD box and £60 to fit it.. so £109.50 plus £10 a month.

Al

As was said before to get the same sky channel in to two (or more) rooms, take a feed from RF2 to the other room, and if you wish to be able to control the sky box from that room you will need a magic eye in line with the feed to the telly. Have you tuned in the second telly to the appropriate channel ? If you use a magic eye you need to turn on the voltage supply ( the instructions with the eye usually tell you how)

However if you are not getting a signal to the second telly check the cable you have put in and make sure that none of the screening on the cable is causing a short

Sponsored Links
You need to activate RF2 from within the settings on your Sky box.
I'm about to rig up a magic eye myself but the Sky engineer enabled this for me when I told him my plans.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back