how to fix my sharp aquos LC-20S1E LCD TV

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i think this is a common fault. My tv when switched on goes to standby with red light on but will not switch on it just stays like that no matter what i do. It is a few years old but hardly ever used. Could anybody help / advise ? Thanks

Sponsored Links
If it's a common fault then there's probably going to be quite a bit of info about it online. Have you tried Googling?

My Panasonic has problems turning on from time to time. I blame my wife for using Sky remote to switch off so instead of controlling Sky it's on TV and sends odd signals to TV.

Unplug and re-boot in worst case. But normally switching off and on at set cures it.

Sponsored Links
I have exactly the same fault with my Sharp Aquos TV - went faulty and now will not switch on at all. Exactly the same faults as reported many times when I Googled "Sharp Aquos fault" Contacted Sharp (set no longer under warranty) and was told that, despite the fact many people have had the same problem, it will cost £164 for them to fix it. Needless to say, I refuse to do this and will NEVER buy a Sharp product again.

Haha! Yes I might be looking for a technical tool like this. In the meantime I am posting my disgust on facebook and anywhere else I can to spread the word about Sharp being "sharp dealers"!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back