Honeywell ADE G4 mini - can't set timed entry

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I Can't set timed entry mode for p1

I have the G4 and my front door sensor is on zone 1 and a hall PIR on zone 2.
The operation I want (for p1) is that once the door is opened, I should have time to get to the keypad to disable the alarm.
I have been able to do this for p3 but not for p1. My intention for p1 is for all zones to be enabled (p3 has upstairs disabled)
For p1, I have set the front door as timed and the hall PIR as inhibit. When I enable the alarm, it complains about the front door being open (which it is - waiting for me to dash out), once front door is closed the alarm enables and all is fine. However, once I open the front door again, the alarm goes off immediately - panel shows front door as being the activated zone.
The exit mode is set to final door and both entry & exit timers are set to 03

Any ideas how to configure the alarm (n full set mode) so it allows time to disable it?

Sponsored Links
Pretty obvious, you have played with the timers. The panel defaults to 30 seconds when powered up.
Change the entry timer to 30.

So you have 30 seconds not 3 to come in :D

Pretty obvious, you have played with the timers. The panel defaults to 30 seconds when powered up.
Change the entry timer to 30.

So you have 30 seconds not 3 to come in :D

According to the manual:
"Entry Time
This is the time allowed to enter the premises via the entry route and unset the system. The programmable
range is 00-99 seconds. The actual time is multiplied by 10
00 = 5 seconds
01 = 10 seconds
03 = 30 seconds
99 = 990 seconds (16.5 minutes)

oops wrong panel.

right try again time.

Is the door in P1 set up as a timed zone?
That could be the issue.

Thanks Josh.

Sponsored Links
Actually according to the Engineer's guide, the actual time set is multiplied by 10 so with a setting of 03, I should have 30 seconds to disable the alarm.
Will look into increasing this but I fear this is not the issue.

Thx for your help - fixed it!
I had (what I thought was the) Hall as an Inhibit but actually it was the incorrectly set to the landing - when front door opened, Hall PIR must have activated.

Can't explain why the front door (zone 1) appeared in the alarm log - just relieved I solved the issue.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back