Hormann/Garador remote fob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum for my question!

I have a Garador electric garage door system. The remote fobs that came with it are quite expensive to replace.
Could I buy a none branded fob that operates at the same frequency '868.30 mhz' and use that?

Thank you for reading

Sponsored Links
Frequency isnt the issue its the coding matrix.

There are universal ones that can grab a code, but think of the security implications of that. Most decent ones have a rolling code to prevent this. And they wont do the rolling IIRC so might work once.

Must admit a quick search reveals £52 to £82 for a remote.
Batteries are £8.00.
Moral here is dont damage it. Keeping it on a keyring or throwing it out of windows never helps ( Mainly fit Came and Nice kit and have come across this).

From the web serach its their coding thats the issue and they have you over a barrel. Searching might find cheaper outlets.

Hi Alarm,

Thank you for the reply and the information.

I'll have to remember to take the keys out of my pocket before my trousers go in the wash!

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back