Sabre 25HE Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, need help!! Seen previous threads and sense this boiler is not the best but too late now. Ours is about two years old and not giving hot water or central heating. Local engineer also baffled as he has not worked on this boiler before. He has removed the front cover and by blowing near the fan! he can get the pilot to light and we get hot water.

From previous threads sense it may the venturi that need cleaning what ever these are but also noted someone shared a manual that helped clean the venturi. any help or guidance appreciated and if someone can e-mail the manual this would be great.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
The fault seems gas/combustion related. We dont advise on DIY repairs on those.

The answer is to get a proper engineer that knows how to diagnose faults!

If you are in Houndslow ( is that Berkshire ? ) then call Rashid.

Tony

Hi number of Rashid ?? Presume he knows Sabre as having spoken to a few local engineers in Reading they are shying away from this boiler.

Thanks

dont know why they are shying away from the sabre , its just a vokera compact under a different name.

Sponsored Links
9 out of 10 times i go to a sabre its the venturi's that need cleaning (30min job) but needs to be done by a rgi

Hi I would just like to add some input here as I have had a problem for quite a long time with my sabre 25he, Firstly about 18 month ago I was getting the red light & could only reset it by switching appliance off & back on, I noticed the problem was related to airflow as it performed fine when either the round inspection plate on top was removed to introduce more airflow, so I removed the restrictor from the air flu witch immediately remedied the problem although I wondered why it worked fine prior to doing this, anyway it worked for a further 6 months fine & started to play up again related to air flow, just as I was contemplating buying a replacement I gave it another look & fixed the problem completely ,It was the condensing pipe that runs diagonally under the system that's connected to the plastic ball valve device I removed it & found at the end connected to the down pipe (where it is elbowed) it was full of lime scale to the point of being completely blocked over time , luckily it was just at the elbow & I poked through the lime with a screwdriver end to clear it & sucked the scale out with a vacuum cleaner I also ran a pipe cleaner down it & checked it was totally clear reassembled it & it now performs as it did when new ,I just thought that if anyone else had this issue it could be the same as it was in my case.. thank you & good luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back