Checkmate

All replies bump the topic back to the top, and I managed to get a copy of the instructions I asked for, so regardless of how we got there, we got there, and I'm grateful.

I also managed to get hold of a copy of the instructions for the Son of Checkmate. I've put these into a PDF and posted them here if anyone would like a copy http://www.multiupload.com/A0TH3MQOVT

Good news by the way Alarm, the meter is now fully tested and still working well within original spec. Although it had more batteries than I would have guessed (3 x 0.8ah and a single 1.9ah).

These meters, although imho a really handy tool, were just too expensive to be carried by most engineers, even the Son of Checkmate I've seen largely left in the office so it could be shared amongst all the engineers.

Sponsored Links
Glad its working.
Have fun with it, but just bare in mind other fault finding ideas.
Try ACT`s site for their "check sheets" on fault finding.
RF EMI, Sunlight, earth faults. Not always a cable :D

Glad its working.
Have fun with it, but just bare in mind other fault finding ideas.
Try ACT`s site for their "check sheets" on fault finding.
RF EMI, Sunlight, earth faults. Not always a cable :D
Alarm, thanks for the vote of confidence, but I've been fault finding for a few years now, and thats why I've NEVER considered spending a grand +VAT on a test meter, when it can only do what you can do with a multi-meter. Don't simply assume that you know more than other posters because they are relatively new to this site or because they haven't posted at the same rate as you have. I don't doubt either your experience or ability, don't doubt mine because I asked for a set of instructions for a test meter.

For those that have never seen or heard of the Checkmate, the one thing that it does exceptionally well is find intermittent faults. When connected at the panel end of the circuit, you can walk around the whole site (it has a radio range of half a mile) checking for intermittent pressure faults/sensor/switch faults. There is no need to disconnect sensors or resistors. Even walking on floorboards can be enough to sense a fault, without having to shout to the lad you've left at the panel watching the meter! ;)

The company I work for supplied a Son of Checkmate simply to cut down on return visits to this type of intermittent fault. And it proved cost effective, for small domestic installations.

I've bought and resurrected this Checkmate simply because it was a good, if somewhat speculative, offer. And because like many other engineers, I like my gadgets. :)

I assumed from the level of your posts, so there you go.
Checkmate was not designed for a small domestic, you can fault find on your own. Even on a larger system.

On larger systems self diagnostics have made checkmate obselete. Hence they no longer list it. Nor as I had assumed even kept the manual on the site, Even though its printed on the side of the product.

So, my post rate has nothing to do with it. You inability to use something with the instructions on the side made me wonder your skill level, nothing more nothing less.
Nor even seemingly not trying the item out with "made faults", the best way to learn to use a new instrument, work with it.

Sorry you felt you had the desperate urge to go to another level.

Sponsored Links
Checkmate was not designed for a small domestic, you can fault find on your own. Even on a larger system.

On larger systems self diagnostics have made checkmate obselete. Hence they no longer list it. Nor as I had assumed even kept the manual on the site, Even though its printed on the side of the product.

So, my post rate has nothing to do with it. You inability to use something with the instructions on the side made me wonder your skill level, nothing more nothing less.
Nor even seemingly not trying the item out with "made faults", the best way to learn to use a new instrument, work with it.

You're unlikely to impress anyone else as much as you impress yourself Alarm, you may as well give it a rest.

From what I've seen of this forum to-date its meant as in information oasis. A laudable idea.

If that is the case, then there are no silly questions, as they will show up on search engines in the future and will build up the knowledge base of the forum.

You have in this entire thread offered not one iota of information. Seems to me that goes against the ethos of the entire forum, but not to worry, I'll not be posting here again. There isn't enough room for me and your ego.

If your intention is to keep any new members from the forum, then congratulations, you've achieved your aim.

I'm glad that you got the meter sorted and its all working.

The unique feature of a wireless audible indication of a contact status when up to 10 were in series, made it a really quick and a non invasive method to fault find, I didn't really use the ohm function for taking reading as it tended to drift.

On take overs it also gave a good level of confidence that you wern't inheriting tut.

I'm like you and most engineers in that we like our gadgets, enjoy your purchase.

You're unlikely to impress anyone else as much as you impress yourself Alarm, you may as well give it a rest.

From what I've seen of this forum to-date its meant as in information oasis. A laudable idea.

If that is the case, then there are no silly questions, as they will show up on search engines in the future and will build up the knowledge base of the forum.

You have in this entire thread offered not one iota of information. Seems to me that goes against the ethos of the entire forum, but not to worry, I'll not be posting here again. There isn't enough room for me and your ego.

If your intention is to keep any new members from the forum, then congratulations, you've achieved your aim.

SLAPDOWN!!! :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back