response Alarm help needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there
i winder if you could advise how to reset the alarm following 2 power failures, the wife phoned to tell me the power had gone off and the alarm was sounding, the only way to stop the alarm was to key in the code on the control panel, the remote panel now appears to be dead with the power light not showing however the numbers are illuminated, could it be a fuse in the control panel
please help

Ivan

Sponsored Links
Usual problem then, the standby battery in the control panel needs to be replaced.

Ever done that?

Usual problem then, the standby battery in the control panel needs to be replaced.

Ever done that?
hi europlex
have now sorted the problem disconnected the battery and the fired up using the main and then replaced battery and now all working do you think i still need a new battery
Ivan

Ever done that?
hi europlex
have now sorted the problem disconnected the battery and the fired up using the main and then replaced battery and now all working do you think i still need a new battery
Ivan
As mentioned earlier. Yes.

Sponsored Links

Ever done that?
hi europlex
Ivan
Err, Yes.

Even if its a rechargeable battery then they still have a limited life. Often just 4-5 years.

When you have a mains failure the battery is discharged and most circuits only have a very slow charge rate so it MIGHT work until the next power failure.

Tony

Forget might, its going to do the same and cheese off the neighbours.

YOU NEED A NEW BATTERY PERIOD.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back