Pyronix Sterling10 Keypad display blank

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We bought our first house with Pyronix Sterling10 installed a year ago, we did not used the alarm initially but then configured it to chime & fire alert mode, yesterday when we came back from office the main unit was sounding after every 4-5 seconds and there was no power/display on the key pad.

#1) I switched mains power off, took the fuse off and then opened the main unit of the alarm system. I didn't realised about the tamper alarm and it started sounding.

#2) I took off "2A battery fuse" on the PCB board the bell outside started sounding, i plugged the fuse back in which resulted in the outside bell not sounding as well as the tamper alarm was not sounding.

#3) I then checked the "1 AMP AUX" which was blown, i replaced that fuse with 1 AMP fuse from B&Q & screwed the main panel cover in. But there is still now power/display on keypad.

What am I doing wrong? really need you help/advice.

Sponsored Links
Get rid.

thats why you have had no replies. Its not worth it.

Which is the good system to replace it with? The PIR's are wired behind the Walls can I just replace mains panel & control keypad and reuse the PIR:door sensor

Sponsored Links
Wiring assumption is correct.
How much do you want to spend, what do you want it to do?

Maybe a Veritas Excell would suit as it can be expanded.

in terms of budget i want to basically replace the current system..i had 4 zones configured and that should be enough for me..possibly a phone caller in event of alarm..

i will say within 100£.

how do i remove the existing system..disable alarm bell outside before i start. (keypad is not working)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back