cctv sign.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all. having fitted a cctv system to my house, back and front do i need to have a sign that says so, for legal or any other reason.many thanks.

Sponsored Links
You can film anything or anyone on your own private property or in a public place.

Okay, viewing over the fence, across the road into windows is considered a no no.For a private system.

I would have thought any intelligent person would have gotten the jist of my comment.

Sponsored Links
I'd personally fit a sign or two just to advertise the fact that your property is secured. It will deter potential burglars.

You can film anything or anyone on your own private property or in a public place.

The more I read that comment the more I feel you should have to get a copy of the CCTV standards.

Not strictly true. You might be safe from the ICO jurisdiction but other rules/regs/laws may come into play.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back