Replacing Drum Bearings for Washing Machine - Hotpoint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi and very good morning to you all.

I have this issue of the drum bearings with the machine (from looking at the other posts) and want to replace it myself. I have inquired about those and can get it by tomorrow.

HOWEVER, the problematic thing is I cant open the CASING.

Today, i have tried taking all screws off, from the back panel and underneath the front panel.

However, i cannot still figure out how to take out the front panel, or does it come out as a whole with the drum? cos it has front door sticking with the drum by means of rubbered layers.

Could anyone please help me on this on how can i remove the casing so i can actually see the bearings on the back and may be able to replace.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Depends on the drum some are screwed drums some are welded then bearings can't be replaced. Remove consol panel 3 screws in the dispenser then 2 screws at the top of panel 2 at the bottom by kickstrip. Then front panel lifts off. Remove outer band on door seal and screws on door lock.

Hi, Thanks.

I managed to get the front casing off, also remove the drum, and opened it up.

And guess what the bearings were ripped apart, all metal balls were lying everywhere within the drum as well as between the bearings.

Now I have managed to get the front seal (kind of a bearing to me) off after some hard effort.

My small bearing on the back of the drum ( pulley end) looks OK.

BUT still cant figure out how to take out the front bearing which sits just after the front seal, if we look from inside the drum.

I tried removing it by pushing from the back using the hammer, but cant get a perfect position, also tried to remove in the same way i remove the front seal, but there is no GAP as such to insert a knife / thin tool..

Can anyone please suggest whats the best way to remove it ?

I have attached an image, so please have a look :

View media item 36679

Oh dear you have a problem the outer race is jammed in it. Have you tried a dremmel to try and cut it out. What you need is a rear half of the drum depending on the size of bearing 30 mm or 35. You could try and heat it up with a blow torch and try to expand it it's a 50 50 chance. knock the rear bearing out with a drift then start from the same side and whack it out, it must come out of the front of the drum.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for reply, however I am still not 100% clear what to remove.

I have attached an image for your reference.

View media item 36680

As i said earlier,

I have already remove the front seal bearing.

Now need to remove the second bearing.

But not sure about the metal plating sticking around the plastic on the outer surface, i believe i donot need to touch it.

please refer to Q1 in the image.

Thanks

Thanks, I will try it tomorrow.

The bearing will be with me tomorrow, got it for around 18 quid, not so cheap as bought locally, but better than buying online and wait.

And also good with returns or if any issues occurs.

Thanks a lot man, and credit to diynot.com, such a wonderful site in current times.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back