British Gas/DSC alarm memory - not able to arm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I am hoping i can get your help.

I have 7 year old DSC/BG alarm panel, model no KP5501Z, wired system. I recently got the message that back up battery needed replacing, so replaced with like for like battery.

however not been able to remove the memory icon and also get when pressing *3, the following digits in a scrolling fashion (ie one after the other)
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8
these numbers above correspond to my house zones, and 8 is the panel itself.
I have reset the time and date details, using 24 hour and american date format mm/dd/yy and have tried to arm/rearm the system but to no avail

i have not got any 4 digit code, which some of the other posts mention, which i understand means you need an engineer reset code.
I have called up dyno secure, who manage BG alarms and been quoted £80 call out fee, they wont provide me with engineer reset.

I hope i have provided sufficient info, but trawling through the web, i cant seem to find anyone with similar issues as mine

thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Best thing to do here is (if you want to keep this system in place) contact the maintaining Co, engineer codes are locked in on these by default so you'll never have access to this.

£80 is a reasonable callout charge

Or

Replace the system with one of your choice either by a professional alarm company or go down the diy route

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back