How to learn in additional siren HSA6400

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having trouble learning in a new, additional siren.
My system has been installed for a few months now and working fine.
I have tried following the instructions but can't find anything explicitly about installing an additional siren to an existing sysem.
Any ideas please?

Sponsored Links
Page 8 paragraph 6 bottom left of the page explicity shows how to add an extra siren.

Just do a sounder test before you put it on the wall, apparently it can be "hit and miss" to get it to work first time.

but the intructions in the manual are not relevant when adding an additional siren to a working system.
I phoned the Yale helpline. They took me through the learning in of the additional siren.
The first thing they told me was that all of the switches on the left have to be in the OFF position, not the on position as shown in the manual.

The step by step instructions should be online somewhere because there is no way for people to know them without phoning the helpline.

Just my humble opinion.

It's the same as learning in the original siren, surely?

Is the new siren the same model as your first one?

Have you got the instructional DVD?

The website where the instructions used to be online seems to have been hijacked by some cybersquatter :mad: so I am looking for their new one

It might be near http://shop.yale.co.uk/acatalog/Wirefree_Alarms.html

Sponsored Links
but the intructions in the manual are not relevant when adding an additional siren to a working system.
I phoned the Yale helpline. They took me through the learning in of the additional siren.
The first thing they told me was that all of the switches on the left have to be in the OFF position, not the on position as shown in the manual.

The step by step instructions should be online somewhere because there is no way for people to know them without phoning the helpline.

Just my humble opinion.

Yes OFF to clear down the siren.

READ the PAGE GIVEN.

Just my humble opinion.

Yes OFF to clear down the siren.

READ the PAGE GIVEN.

Believe it or not, I did read the page you kindly quoted, but it is does not give accurate information for learning in a siren for an established system.
I had to have all of the switches on the left in the off position all the time, not just to clear the memory.
But don't take my word for it, try to learn in a siren to a working system yourself. I was just trying to be helpful in case anyone else has the same problem.

Would rather not.
But all the Yale experts say thats the correct way.

Just that its a bit hit and miss.

Do a search on here, its amazing whats been discussed before on here.
Just in case others want to know.

Would rather not.
But all the Yale experts say thats the correct way.

Just that its a bit hit and miss.

Do a search on here, its amazing whats been discussed before on here.
Just in case others want to know.
Too late to save me a lot of aggravation, but this has been discussed on this forum, and the solution is what the Yale helpline gave me , not what is shown in the the manual.
Read the last post on this page to see the solution.
It's not hit or miss, but the correct method is not in the official literature.
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=214968

Well I can only go by the "yale" experts on here.

I did say there was another thread on this, why we do say use the search facility.

You got there in the end :D

I found it useful to learn in and test all the devices (including siren) on the kitchen table before fixing.

I found it useful to learn in and test all the devices (including siren) on the kitchen table before fixing.

Any wireless system should be "test benched" before fixing. Saves time and effort. When installing wireless I try to get it all set up at least the day before.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back