Kitchem wiring with cooker point - diagram please :)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all
i am new and i hope u dont kill me for my maybe noob question :) OK i got job for wiring kitchen. Socket its not the problem, standard ring 2,5mm, light radial 1,5mm, but cooker this is my problem.... i know must be wiring via 6mm cable, but now i have two gap in wall, one for Coocker Control Unit, but other one ?? how i can connect everything ?? i realy need some diagram, i find some website http://www.ultimatehandyman.co.uk/diy_electrics_cooker_circuits.htm but what is this Connector unit ?? how i can connect everything, this diagram dont tell me nothing :( I know for electrician is not a problem but i do electric to, but i not professional, and i realy want learn for future :) So i very please about diagram and about connection solutions, when i do this how someone connect oven ??

Sponsored Links
Click do make a double connection unit
7_1022_s.jpg
which will allow two outlets
2_373.jpg
it of course does need a back box it looks like this
2_374.jpg
however to ask simple questions like you have asked shows you are not really able to do the work. Electrics is not a join the dots exercise.
We have to for example when selecting cable first look at the installation method. 6mm sq cable could be rated anywhere between 23.5 amp and 58 amp according to installation method and type of cable.
Assuming you want a 32 amp supply with Reference Method 103# (in a stud wall with thermal insulation with cable not touching the inner wall surface) and thermoplastic insulated and sheathed flat cable you would need 10mm sq.
If you want a 45A supply even 16 mm sq cable is not big enough for Method 103#.
Of course you may be using Reference Method 100# (above a plasterboard ceiling covered by thermal insulation not exceeding 100 mm in thickness) in which case 32A can be drawn from a 6mm sq cable.
Think you need to get some one to do this for you and ask them why they are doing it the way they are doing it and not DIY until you know a lot more.
Considering it will likely cost more to DIY then get a registered electrician to do the work by time you include LABC and hire charges it seems a little pointless to DIY a kitchen.

Sponsored Links
I know for electrician is not a problem but i do electric to,
Well you shouldn't - you are incompetent.

but i not professional,
That's not the problem - your incompetence is.

and i realy want learn for future
Excellent idea.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back