Gardtec 580 ... how to stop bell ringing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks,

I have a Gardtec 580, I have the manual and I have user and engineer codes.

I need to move the panel because I have taken some internal walls down. I will need to cut the wires going to the panel and extend them to reach the new position.

Now I took the panel cover off and cancelled the tamper alarm.
I removed the fuse from the mains supply.
When I take the battery connection off the outside bell rings. To silence it I have to put the battery power back on and put the code in.

I tried reading the manual to find a way to silence the outside bell so I can move the panel, but I can't see how to do it.

Can anyone help ?

Sponsored Links
by disconnecting the mains and battery from your panel will cause the external siren/bell to sound on its own.

its called an SAB self activating bell, it has within it an intenal electronic device that protects the bell box from tampering

the only way to stop it is to take the cover off and remove the back up SAB battery!

Oasis

Thanks for that m8.

One question though is what's to stop a burglar from taking the battery out before breaking in ?

edit to say:
I've had a wee think about it and realise the bell is powered from the panel and the mains as well so presumably will sound if its tampered with.... :)

It will also 'fire' back to the panel causing any inside sounder and signalling equipment to operate.

Clever these damned alarms ;)

Sponsored Links
Damn, so a set of pliers a screwdriver and a mate to stand on his shoulders wont defeat a decent correctly wired system.

Fook it, back to mugging old ladies.

Lets see who failed to see the humour there!

Hi again.

Another question about this system.

It has developed a new fault. The display shows the number 7, which according to the manual means a fault on zone 7. So I tried deleting zone 7 but that made no difference.

The manaul says to disconnect the wires for zone 7 and link it out, but when I look at the panel it appears there is already a link on zone 7, so I can't think how a fault can be on a zone that doesn't exist.

I've taken a picture of my panel. Can anyone confirm that zone 7 is indeed linked out or am I looking at the wrong thing.

6071425392_000d6f192d_b.jpg
[/url][/img]

Might help to know when it shows 7? Solely when your trying to arm which could indicate a fault with the panel as clearly z7 isnt used. Or is it always on screen, could you still be in a menu and the 7 is a programming or log being displayed?

Bit more info plz.

Also, how old's that battery?

Ok well with panel showing unarmed and wanting to arm it I press the code and yes. The sounder starts bleeping, I close the exit door, the sounder changes to a steady note, and then instead of the sounder going off it goes back to bleeping and wont arm. Go back and look at panel and it shows 7. Enter code and sounder stops and panel goes to unarmed again.

This started happening after the panel was temporarily removed from the wall during which a wire may have got broken somewhere. And the other thing that happened is some rain water dripped onto the panel.

Dunno about the battery age, probably quite old. Where would I get a new one from ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back