Automatic security tyneside

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have just moved into a new house and have a Scantronic 9800+ installed by Automatic Security tyneside.

They have changed the default engineers code so I cannot progam the alarm for night time.

They want £65 +vat for the engineer to come and reprogram one pir !!!

Anyone have any clue as to what they have changed the engineers code to ?

thank you

M

Sponsored Links
No, as alarm companies use thier own codes and frequently change them when employees leave.
£65 seems a good call out charge. I assume your under a maintanience agreement?

Or you could get 3 quotes from other local companies. Search on the NSI or SSAIB sites. Or stick a pin in the yellow pages for local non registered comopanies before someone complains about registered companies :D

Another option is to use google, get a manual and try it yourself. Be warned its a bit tricky on a "98". And you have to make sure you get the programing correct.

Just to add, all decent companies change the default codes, your systems would not be secure otherwise would they.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back