Long range Wirless CCTV Microwave?

Sponsored Links
You go and buy 2.4 meg and see what happens.

Dont understand what you mean. are you saying 2.4GHz video will fail?

There are many ways of encoding for 2.4GHz video in the market. You should keep away from 2.4GHz analogue (10mw output variant) since the image quality is pretty bad and prone to interference from baby monitors and a number of other things.

2.4GHz digital on the otherhand can be ok (depends on implementation). DSSS, Wifi or other propietry encoding works pretty well in the home enviornment.

What I am saying is that every manufacturer with the cheaper kit uses 2.4. It gets bled over. Cameras are lost.

A tyical example you fit some cameras on it, another property does the same, you start recording their cameras. Seen it loads of times. Even on digital.

Heard about a case of this yesterday.

2.4 Ghz linking camera in baby's room to monitor in lounge. Neighbour installed CCTV. baby disappeared and was replaced by neighbour's front garden,

Sponsored Links
You generally get a 4 channel selector so you can move a picture from a sub frequency to another to avoid this. But, with so much on 2.4g its now more common place.

What I am saying is that every manufacturer with the cheaper kit uses 2.4. It gets bled over. Cameras are lost.

A tyical example you fit some cameras on it, another property does the same, you start recording their cameras. Seen it loads of times. Even on digital.

That is not correct. If you have a 2.4GHz digital camera, you cannot accidentally pick up another camera (OK, one in a trillion chance?). "Error Checksum" in the last segement of the signal is the reason. Google that, not gonna explain signal processing here...

You are right when you say 2.4GHz analog is rubbish. as a rule of thumb, when u hear terms like 4 channels, stay away. Analoge signal is like ur old TV, it will interfer like mad

If the box say 2.4GHz digital (DSSS or Wifi) u are fine.

Fine you know better then.
I do have to say sorry mentioning "meg" meant Ghz.

But, even digital has "signal processing" errors. Check some out!

System Q do a good all rounder for rf transmission I have used these when no alternative for hard wire, good clear picture . They are around £ 130 the pair if you need further info get back to me

"Error Checksum" in the last segement of the signal is the reason. Google that, not gonna explain signal processing here...
Are you confusing signal transmission and signal processing ?

Analoge signal is like ur old TV, it will interfer like mad
Co-channel interference does happen with analogue. The stronger of the two signals will control the line and frame generation so that image is fixed in the screen while the image(s) on the weaker signal(s) will drift across the screen behind the stronger image.

With analogue interference causes speckles of white on the picture but the picture is not lost completely. With digital interference can cause loss of data synchronisation resulting in a frozen picture until synch is recovered.

"If the box say 2.4GHz digital (DSSS or Wifi) u are fine.
But if the unwanted signal is stronger than the wanted signal then you are no longer "fine".

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back