Lost display on Acer Aspire 5338

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have lost the display on my Acer Aspire 5338. It was ok one night but not the following day. I can see the display if I shine a bright table lamp onto the screen and except for the lack of light the computer is fine. I tried several restore points and have even used the back to factory settings without any difference. Can anyone tell me if I need to replace the screen? It is an HD LED screen with a gloss effect. Thanks!

Sponsored Links
It sounds like the LED backlight has failed. It might be a broken contact that you could repair if you know what you are doing. You might be able to get a new backlight or a whole new screen depending on how its constructed.

Hi! Thanks for the information. I found a local laptop repair shop so I will take it there for a diagnosis and, depending on costs I'll have it repaired. I think it is probably time for a new screen!

sounds like the invertor has failed,plenty of diy info on the net about this,i had to do this to my old laptop,got the new invertor from ebay.

Sponsored Links
If LED screens don't use invertors then I want my money back, as I have just fitted one to my Dell Latitude E6400 at a cost of £14.50
Regards Otto :eek:

If LED screens don't use invertors then I want my money back, as I have just fitted one to my Dell Latitude E6400 at a cost of £14.50
Regards Otto :eek:

Seeing as LEDs operate on DC, not AC, no, you didn't fit an inverter to an LED backlit screen. You may have fitted a power supply board, that doesn't make it an inverter.

I'd explain..but not bothered. Idiots with LED screens..bored with useless comments.

Sponsored Links
Back