Ideal W2000 combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The pilot light on this boiler will light but once I let go off the gas supply button (having held it in for a minimum of 15 seconds) it just goes out.

I have cut the power to the boiler and turned the gas thermostat dial to zero as per the instructions.

Does my boiler need a service or am I doing something wrong.

Please help as we've no hot water or heating at the mo.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Sorry to sound ignorant but what doe sthis part do and how does it rectify my problem?

Thanks for reply.

It';s a thermo electric device which sits in the pilot flame, heat causes an electric current to flow across two dissimilar metals, the current flow travels thgrough an overheat thermostat which if the boiler overheated would cut the flow of current, the current terminates at a solenoid known as a power unit, inside the ,multifunction control valve (gas valve). Inside the power unit the current from the thermoelectric device applied to a coil causes a magnetic field which holds a valve open against a spring. The spring ensures that the valve shuts the moment the current fails to arrive. The valve allows gas to the main burner, when you hold the button in you artificially hold this valve open but the moment you let go the power unit has to take over or no gas and flame goes out.

Now normally the faulty part is the thermocouple, occasionally it is the over heat thermostat, seldom but also occasionally the power unit. Incorporated in oh stat problems are the possibilities of the leeds to it shorting the current to ground.

In any case it is a job for a member of a class of presons deemed competent.

Sponsored Links
ideal w2000 is not a combi so if you can`t get that simple bit right call someone in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back