Maximum number of radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a modern condenser boiler and a house with 4 floors. I've just added two radiators in the cellar meaning there are a total of 8 radiators on the ground floor and in the cellar.

I can get them to work individually or in pairs but not all together. The radiators on the top two floors are all fine.

The cellar and ground floor all work off the same 22mm pipe, with 4 T-d off the 22mm pipe and the other 4 t'd off 15mm at the end of the run.

Is there any way to make this work with this number of radiators? Before I added the two extra, everything worked perfectly.

Cheers,

David

Sponsored Links
Firstly check that the kW output of your boiler is suitable for the total amount of radiators (and sizes) that you have.

Secondly you may may need to correctly balance the system. Click HERE for details.

Sitting here sweating like a pig! Rebalancing worked a treat for all bar the furthest away rad. Hopefully it will settle down but if it doesn't - any ideas?

Sponsored Links
It just needs balancing properly.

Oddly you did not mention your boiler model although thats irrelevant.

If the house is not zoned you need to balance ALL the rads! Its time consuming but not difficult. See the FAQ.

Tony

What's your circulation pump set at, have you got a 4 story house??

The boiler's an Ideal Logic combi 30 and I've got a dual pump system with under floor heating on the top floor. Everything is baking hot except for the one new radiator in the cellar.

Everything is baking hot except for the one new radiator in the cellar.
Does the reluctant radiator get hot if you shut off all other rads and the underfloor? If so, then you still have a balancing problem.

The boiler's an Ideal Logic combi 30 and I've got a dual pump system with under floor heating on the top floor. Everything is baking hot except for the one new radiator in the cellar.

Check the new lock-shield valve is not screwed shut (they are sometimes like this out of the packet). Also an air lock may be stopping the circulation, as mention above, turn all rads off and leave problem cellar one on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back