laying an engineer oak floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I will be fitting a wood floor soon about 34m2 through the hall way, lounge and dining room. But I have a few questions that I would like to ask.

I am considering purchasing from uk wood floor. and the board has a 6mm veneer on an 18mm ply backing. With Timbermate silent floor gold under lay. is this underlay sufficient.

The floor in the house is concrete and has vinyl tiles glues on. Around the edges the tiles have cracked and been swept away. should i remove them or will i be ok to lay ontop. Should I fill the gaps at the edges about 1mm deep by 25mm at widest?

where an extension has been built there is a slight level change of about 2mm at most over a slight gradient will the underlay be enought to compensate or should I level it off more. I guess its only noticable because of the shine on the vinyl tiles.

If I do need to level it should I do it on top of the tile or remove them.

With engineered board do I need to leave and expansion gap? I am fitting skirting after the floor is fitted.

Thanks in advance for any replies, I would rather ask stupid questions now as the floor is mega bucks and I cant aafford to naws it up.

Rob

Sponsored Links
If your sub floor is level then this underlay should be fine.

The slight imperfections around the perimeter won't make any difference with that thickness of board.

If the variation IS only 2mm then again this shouldn't be too much of a problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back