HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BOSCH WORCESTER COMBI -BOILER (PROBLEMS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are experiencing problems with our Bosch Worcester Combi - boiler
We are continually having to press the reset button at various time throughout the day, in order to obtain hot water or our heating.

It's clear from the gauge on the system that the pressure is very low ( not even at 1 bar) but we do not have a loop to fill as we have a re-fill tank situated in the eaves on our loft which, I think the boiler draws from automatically when the pressure drops, however I think this is no longer happening and could well be the reason for our troubles.

I have bled all the radiators to ensure no air is trapped and checked everywhere for possible leaks, but everything appears to be fine however the pressure remains under 1 bar.

Sponsored Links
Bleeding the rads seems to be the national pastime.

You are running the boiler with hardly any water in it. You will damage the boiler if you persist.

You do not say which model

I am in Glasgow and can offer repars/ service.

Combi Boiler is Bosch Worcester 280, we would be interested in your services please contact me direct by e-mail and we can sort out arrangements.

MOD

e mail in profile please

second time tut tut

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Hello, anyone else out there that can offer me some help before my boiler packs in???????????????

MOD
please use the edit button

e mail me and i will give you dp's e mail (adress in profile)

and stop upsetting the mod he's a miserable git at the best of times ;)

Sponsored Links
Sorry, guess you can tell that I am brand new to this site..... I don't even know how to obtain your e-mail address from your profile in order for you to give me DP's info............... Apologies to the Mod

As your boiler is set up on an open vented sytem then you pressure gauge should read zero it only comes into its own on a sealed system , however if you have a lot of head (height of tank above boiler )above 20 feet you will get say about 1/4 of a bar BUT if the expansion pipe has 90 deg bends, horizontal runs and a restriction the pressure will rise on the gauge instead of the expansion in the tank as you obviously have an overheat fault then i would say you have sediment/debri in the sytem .Check inside your exopansion tank for any sludge in the bottom and what type if its brown rust is present (not good) if its black then a cleaner can be used. the 280 has some verry narow water ways lazer welded into the back panell so cleaning can be a bit of a b....

Strange problem this one. Evidently there is a header tank (in the loft) AND the boiler has in the past registered 1.5 bar. Property is semidetached.

Cannot make sense of boiler being at 1.5bar fed off a header tank.

The feed tank could feed through a non return valve so that expansion takes place as in sealed system , hence higher pressures.[/quote]

Are you saying some people fit non return valves on a combined feed and vent pipe ? with no auto air vent and a poss blankesd off prv !

Only on infalible Worcesters. That is when you can get them, what's happened to production lately?

Hello Just need to say that a mistake was made with regard to the pressure bar being at 1.5 this is incorrect a fault on our part it has always been below 1 bar. Sorry :oops:

And has DP visited you in your undefined location from his castle in Glasgow?

Is your boiler all working fine now or are you shivering as the winter sets in?

Tony ( In the warm SE with the CH on tonight ! )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back