I'm told somthing is wrong with my computer!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a phone call to tell me there is something wrong with my computer in the way it connects to the broad band.

I rang off since my computer does not directly connect to broad band but to a router which in turn connects to broad band.

However after the call I began to wonder if in spite of me not knowing anything was wrong could there be something like when one guy was using Linux where it could be causing a problem with internet.

With the Linux we quickly realised it was that PC each time he booted no one else could use local network. But would with internet it be a router problem not a computer problem?

Sponsored Links
It's a scam. They try to get you to install spyware on your machine and then sell you some bogus software to fix the imaginary problem.

^Twas on Radio today about this scam. The chap on had a phone call saying his computer was faulty as it was sending error messages to a company and they had detected it. He strung them along until he told them he doesn't have a computer using Windoze OS , but has a Mac. ;) ;)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-15690898

Click the link for further details.

Sponsored Links
Back