Titan storage tank?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a titan 1200l bunded storage tank that has been used as a diesel tank for its life. What will i need to do to make it okay to use for oil for an oil heating system? Will it be okay as diesel is essentially oil? Or do i need to give it a good clean?

Cheers,
Danny

Sponsored Links
Using a tank for heating oil that had previously contained diesel, should not present any problems, just make sure all sediment if any is cleaned out, I would expect you will be using an inline filter on the line somewhere.

Wotan

Thank you.

Should i drain the tank of whats left of the diesel currently and wash it out with water? or just drain it and top up with heating oil?

If there is no great quantity of diesel left in the tank, then drain out the diesel and refill with heating oil.

Wotan

Sponsored Links
Thank you very much, so ill just empty the car diesel fuel from the tank, get as much sediment out, fill up with heating oil and just make sure i have a filter to make sure no sediments etc get through?

It will be a brand new combi oil boiler and dont want to damage it!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back