rads not working right

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi can someone please help! We have just put a double radiator in our lounge, but only the front panel gets hot even though we have bled all the system. Not only that the first 5 radiators get hot but from then on there is not that much heat in the others (4off) even though the TRV is on full, I have tried to balance them but it doesn't seem to have made that much difference :cry: .We have a worcester combi boiler running 9 rads and towel rail. Any suggestions please? Thankyou in advance. P.S. we have also flushed the system and put inhibitor in it :unsure:

Sponsored Links
Why not try balancing it properly?

Open the lockshield 1 turn on the new DC rad and the others just 1/2 turn.

Then tell us what its doing!

Tony

Tony
Hi Tony, thanks for replying. Is it better to use rad thermometers to balance system? The new rad is 6th on the run from boiler, I thought they had to be graduated in turn from the boiler?? That is how i've done it anyway, the first 5 seem to be a bit cooler than they were and the TRV is only on 3 but when it gets into the lounge (rad 6/7) they don't seem any different. Sorry but i'm a greenhorn at this! Will give what u suggest a try though , thanks again.

Use the lockshield valves to balance your system.

Sponsored Links

Tony
hi Tony, did as u suggested not really made any difference to loung rads, although has made rads on way to it that bit cooler :confused: Still not getting any warmer on back panel of new dp in lounge, any other suggestion please? thanks :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back