How to soundproof a party "wall" inbetween porches

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, my first post and question, and I would appreciate any advise on a very annoying problem I have with noise from the neighbours! Back in the summer, we bought a semi built just after the 1st WW, needing plenty of cosmetic work, but seeming like a nice little project for the next couple of years. The problem is that the party porches that were built as part of fabric of the buildings have both had outer doors and frames tacked on, mine probably late '80s, and next door a '60s or so wooden affair that makes the most horrendous crash very time it gets shut. Needless to say this noise travels throughout our house sounding like a bomb!! The only bit of party "partition" between the porches looks like a thin frame with tongue and groove panelling both sides. What would be best material to build a proper partition wall in. The area is about 8 foot high X 4 foot across. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
it won't work. Just tell your neighbour to stop slamming the flippin' door.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back