ventilation regs for gas cooker/hob???????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi

im refitting my kitchen and want to fit a gas cooker and hob.

the only window in kitchen goes out to conservatory but the back of the gargae has been converted into a util wich joins the kitchen with a doorway but the door and frame ect has been removed so its a straight passage into the util from ktchen where there is an outside door and window.

will these meet regs and will i be able to simply use a charcoal filter hood?

or will i still need outside ventilation from the actual kitchen?

Sponsored Links
You would need to provide mechanical ventilation ducting to external air, which will provide min. 30 litres per second if incorporated within a cooker hood or 60 litres per second elsehere. You may have to therefore look at running a duct at high level and boxing it in.

hi

im refitting my kitchen and want to fit a gas cooker and hob.

the only window in kitchen goes out to conservatory but the back of the gargae has been converted into a util wich joins the kitchen with a doorway but the door and frame ect has been removed so its a straight passage into the util from ktchen where there is an outside door and window.

will these meet regs and will i be able to simply use a charcoal filter hood?

or will i still need outside ventilation from the actual kitchen?
If you are carrying out a simple kitchen refit then your work is probably not controllable under the BRs therefore any mechanical extract would be up to you what standard you choose.

Ok.

Spoke to a gas engineer and he said as long as there are no internal doors from the external door/window to the kitchen its the same air space so no need for vent.

Sponsored Links
sorry to rake up an old post, but is this right for mechanical ventilation of a kitchen? Does it matter how big it is, or if open plan?

" min. 30 litres per second if incorporated within a cooker hood or 60 litres per second elsewhere. "

That would be an hourly rate of (30x60x60) = 108,000 litres per hour for a hood or (60x60x60)= 216,000 litres per hour for a wall/ceiling/window fan

I believe there are 1000 litres per m³ so that's 108 or 216 m³/hour

the cooker hoods I'be been looking at seem to be in the 300-400 m³/hour range so plenty of power.

Those rates you mentioned (which I assume was from my post) is what's stipulated in the Building Regulations (Approved Document F).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back