Glo worm betacom 30c problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can someone please shine a bit of light on a problem i'm having with this turd boiler. When hot water is called for, it lights for about 30 secs before going out briefly then relighting itself then doing the same thing over and over so the water runs hot, cold, hot, cold. I've only been a gas engineer for 2 years and i've come across this problem many, many times with other boilers but i'm a bit stumped on this one because i have done the obvious things like cleaned the plate heat exchanger, changed the dhw thermistor, checked the condensate isn't froze, removed the wires from the condensate trap to see if it does the same thing (which it does), checked the wires and leads for continuity and changed the flame sensing electrode but it's still giving me grief. I don't want to start throwing parts at it so any help will be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Combustion Chamber on this forum,send in your gas safe details.

Sponsored Links
I would say blocked plate, have you taken it off to clean it. what is the flow at the hot tap.

Could be the burner isn't modulating.
So you are just getting full burner. At 8 litres/minute the boiler
will soon get too hot and shut off the burner.

Could be the burner isn't modulating.
So you are just getting full burner. At 8 litres/minute the boiler
will soon get too hot and shut off the burner.
I adjusted the burner already cos it was a bit high originally but still it was doing it.

So if you are a "gas engineer" and thus Gas Safe registered all you need to do is register for the CC.

There we can give you proper help including any gas advice.

By posting here you are showing to the public that you dont have sufficient skills to do your job!

Tony

Can someone please shine a bit of light on a problem i'm having with this turd boiler. When hot water is called for, it lights for about 30 secs before going out briefly then relighting itself then doing the same thing over and over so the water runs hot, cold, hot, cold. I've only been a gas engineer for 2 years and i've come across this problem many times with other boilers but i'm a bit stumped on this one because i have done the obvious things like cleaned the plate heat exchanger, changed the dhw thermistor, checked the condensate isn't froze, removed the wires from the condensate trap to see if it does the same thing (which it does), checked the wires and leads for continuity and changed the flame sensing electrode but it's still giving me grief. I don't want to start throwing parts at it so any help will be much appreciated.

So if you are a "gas engineer" and thus Gas Safe registered all you need to do is register for the CC.

There we can give you proper help including any gas advice.

By posting here you are showing to the public that you dont have sufficient skills to do your job!

Tony
Will do. Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back