Been in a year now time to do some work on the house!

Timbers should be bolted to steel beams but they maybe have not got round to it yet.

I work as a construction engineer but commercial rather than house build. I picked up from the internet a Haynes manual on loft conversions and its really good. I thought someone was taking ths p### when they told me about it as the last one I bought was for a mk1 ford fiesta :D Its worth buying to give an easy guide of what to expect and look out for displayed in the easy to follow manner of a typical Haynes manual.

Sponsored Links
Is it just me or does the pic below look like fire damage?

DSC00973.jpg

Got a few days off later in the week so should have some more updates!

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I did not realise anyone was reading this.

So the steels were put in and floors down and I got the building inspector out at my own cost to run alongside the third party building inspection company the loft conversion people were using.

So all was ok.

Next was insulation, this was 100mm of rock wool between joist and then the dreaded silver foil!

DSC01302.jpg

DSC01301.jpg

DSC01288.jpg

DSC01289.jpg

DSC01290.jpg

Will try and post some more of the next couple of days.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back