Searching for a "tall" ogee profile architrave

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm searching for an architrave profile to match the ones in my 1820s flat. I've almost given up on finding anything :( but thought I would ask the gurus here as a last resort ;).

I hopefully have attached a couple of images (this is my first post ;) that show the profile. My architraves are built of two pieces of wood, a planed piece of softwood that has a corner beed, and attached onto this is the ogee moulding, which is taller than most ogee profiles you see in the common places.

Image 1: Profile Detail

Image 2: Full architrave

Obviously, making up the corner bead piece is easy, but I can't find either a router bit OR off the shelf moulding for the ogee moulding.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
You probably won't get this from anywhere, you will need to get it run out specially at a timber merchants or a joiner either way you wiil be looking at £60 and upwards to get the cutters made to replicate the moulding, sorry.

You probably won't get this from anywhere, you will need to get it run out specially at a timber merchants or a joiner either way you wiil be looking at £60 and upwards to get the cutters made to replicate the moulding, sorry.

Thanks for the response chirpychippy, I did suspect as much. Luckily (well, I guess I would be more lucky to not need any at all) I do need about 45m not just a metre of two!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back