Shower tray fitting waste drain

Sponsored Links
Is it possible to replace this part without needing to access under the shower tray ?

No cause thats where the back nut is and the trap connection.

I was thinking about replacing the shower tray and cubicle as well, not sure if this is a stupied question but here goes :eek: If I replaced the whole tray etc would you need to access the drain pipe from the room below the shower ? I think the answer will be no or at least I hope it will as the room beneath the shower had a new ceiling fitted a year back would prefer not have to go through that.

Is there not an access panel around the edge of the base of the shower tray ?

Sponsored Links
If you take out the old tray you'll have access to the waste for the new tray
you wont need to do anything from the room below.

At the back of the shower tray in the corner next to the drain there is a raised round circle part about 12 cm in diameter and 3 cm in height best described as upside down bowl, could that be an access point ? I've all ways wondered what it was it doesnt seem to be a fixed down, could that be an access point, if it sounds like one would it just need to turn it to loosen it ?

thanks

you can just replace the waste, without replacing the tray you know. it should be screwable, have you tried to unscrew it? it should come out easily.

At the back of the shower tray in the corner next to the drain there is a raised round circle part about 12 cm in diameter and 3 cm in height best described as upside down bowl, could that be an access point ? I've all ways wondered what it was it doesnt seem to be a fixed down, could that be an access point, if it sounds like one would it just need to turn it to loosen it ?

thanks

by access panel plumbgas means an easy plumb shower tray i got one 5 years ago best investment (i live in bungalow)something like that, check the height of your shower tray. if you do replace the tray go for a easy fit one less hassle.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back