Earth clamp copper pipes

U

User

Howdi y'all, our plumber cut our earth clamps from our main incoming water pipe and also all of our bathroom pipes (radiator and hot/cold water) and he didn't bother to put them back on after he finished, he must have thrown them away and I now need to buy new ones and put them back on (in the same places of course seems pretty simple just screw back on I think) but I need to know what size because they seem to be different sizes available in the store are the mains incoming clamps and bathroom supplementary clamps exactly the same (all our pipes are 15mm copper) the reason I ask is although the pipes are the same (15mm) the size of the earths seem to be very different (the mains water pipe's earth is massive!) I would greatly appreciate any help please pretty please thanks :D

Sponsored Links
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/Earthing_Index/Earth_Clamps/index.html

these are a range of clamps to use, including ones for radiators.

If he has cut the supplementary bonding or MEB/PEB (main bonding) then there may not be enough to reach a newly fitted clamp.

If there is, make sure you attatch to nice clean copper (rub with wire wool).

If not you will need to extend the cable by crimping it, but the toll would be expensive for just such a small one of job.

Have you tried calling the plumber and telling him that he has left your installation unsafe and breached the building regulations and if he does not come back and rectify the matter then you will have no choices other than to report him to bulding control or get it recified by a professional and bill him for the rectification costs.

Has he carried out any sort of electrical work at the property?

Sponsored Links
Heya thanks 17thman no he didn't do any electrical work just plumbing, so EC16 Earth Clamps (http://www.screwfix.com/p/earth-clamp-ec16-pack-of-5/78314) should be okay for both supplementary and main bonding?

ricicle he has been paid already a few weeks ago and I'm guessing he won't be returning for free I wasn't in charge you see it was a family member :( and you are 100% correct that's how it should be no payment before everything is put right :oops:

Taylortwocities I know what you mean it is annoying I've learned a lesson I hope other's read this and maybe be more aware of this issue I'm guessing many plumbers maybe do this they always seem to be in a hurry!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back