Is this a rip off?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Changing wall hung basin you a new one as old one damaged by falling object.

Also changing damaged cistern on toilet only to a new one.

Plumber has quoted me £250, including parts and labour. He says he will get all parts, Basin, Cistern, Flush mechanism, plug drain for basin, basin taps and little extra's, flexible pipes, sealant, couple of tiles for around basin etc

Is £250 a reasonable quote or expensive? I live in the Midlands, Solihull area.

Sponsored Links
Now if it was Merseyside, I'd be expecting a local building site to be missing some fixture,.......but not in the Midlands.
Hope they have not had many previous owners. :LOL:

Sponsored Links

Plumber has quoted me £250, including parts and labour. He says he will get all parts, Basin, Cistern, Flush mechanism, plug drain for basin, basin taps and little extra's, flexible pipes, sealant, couple of tiles for around basin etc

If you're DIY, why aren't you doing it yourself?

i can do tap washers, maybe change an easy to change tap but i dont want to risk a job like this, last thing i want is to end up with a non-functioning loo!

So you know how the internet works as you have posted on here but you dont know how to google cost of parts thats you have listed and realise that if the guy is buying them he is making next to f##k all on your job

• Thanks
Reactions: oph
DIYplumber, how are you being ripped off when you have not even accepted the quote? SURELY, you have the OPTION not to accept, hence will NOT have been RIPPED off as no money has as yet been payed

Nice how people assume they are being ripped off by plumbers,but don't question solicitors,estate agents etc etc fees.

Im Not from trade but from a customers point of view i would say thats a good price for supply and fit

LOL ebay causes so many problems , what a lot of customers forget is how much is factored into price , Like picking up , making sure its correct, all fitting needed are there ,discounts can offset final price , it will work 1st time

Remeber if you supply parts as a customer you then become responsable that they fit for purpose ect ect and if they dont fit you dont moan when plumber has to **** off for 2 hours to get an fitting

Me i would go with the all in quote just make sure it is a quote and not an estimate as they very different !!!!!!!! esp in eyes of Law

It`s a Household Insurance claim Job :eek: Plumber should be charging £100 more - you just pay your policy excess :idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back