Chrome Wall Plates with F Couplers

U

User

Howdi folks :D

I'm planning to drill some F connector couplers into some blank chrome flat wall plates (8 couplers into each plate) I just had a thought are chrome wall plates electrically conductive which would mean the copper braiding of each coax cable becomes effectively joined together through the plate, and is joining the copper braids of multiple coax (WF100) cables carrying different signals a problem? Any help is greatly appreciated please please pretty please :D

Sponsored Links
On a twin-tuner receiver (e.g. Sky+) the LNB inputs are both connected to the rear panel. So having them connected at the plate usually won't matter.

Sponsored Links
Seem to remember seeing grid switch options with F connector modules?

Google found http://www.dastv.co.uk/shop/modular-inserts.php

The problem is that if the dish is in a position where electrical storms could cause it's polarity to vary from that of the ground one could get a shock from touching anything connected to the dish.

We do tend to mount the dish lower than aerials so the chance is much reduced but since it needs a DC supply we can't use band pass filters to break the braid as with TV aerial so I would think twice about increasing the area which can be touched to greater than required.

Thank you very much plugwash, Sam Gangee, maltatron and ericmark for the excellent concise and quick replies, the general trend seems to be that it's not an ideal situation but also not a big deal so I'll go ahead and use them though in the future I'll stick to simple plastic blank plates they don't look as nice but oh well thanks for all the excellent replies the information you gave was vital to make a decision it's put my mind at ease thank you so much :mrgreen:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back