Radiator towel pipes chased into wall/no tiles. Photos

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
DSCN0031-1.jpg
DSCN0030.jpg
DSCN0054.jpg

I contracted a qualified plumber/tile fitter to do the job to avoid problems.

I guess DIY would given me less headaches and the job would be finished by now.

I do not know how to move forward.

I have called few plumber/tiler fitters with different approaches and views. Some say... "nothing wrong love", others: "Gee... can't do it" and now and again: "Wowww... must start all over".

I do have the feeling that the "Wowww... must start all over" is the right answer.

Needless, to say that I wonder if DIY with YouTube videos would have been easier.

Trouble is that I don't even know the name of the parts needed for the job or have any tools.

Any views, suggestions, comments on the photos will be gratefully appreciated.

Thank you

JKLstar

UPDATE Photos in the topic and , also, just had another plumber to apply for the work. He told me:
"The pipes are fine, the dent in the copper pipe will not cause problem. Remove the radiator to fit the tiles. Cut the tiles with a round cutter or something like that....

Sponsored Links
The guy who done this work was NOT a plumber.

Call out a new plumber and ask for soldiered joints and they bend the pipework with a pipe bender.

No compressions joints to be buried into wall and the chrome pipe will need to be cleaned before soldiering.

Andy

The guy who done this work was NOT a plumber.

Call out a new plumber and ask for soldiered joints and they bend the pipework with a pipe bender.

No compressions joints to be buried into wall and the chrome pipe will new to be cleaned be soldiering.

Andy

This, buried compression fittings are a no,no.

That is some truly shocking pipework. Why is he using a nail instead of a pipeclip? or better still bending the pipe properly.

Sponsored Links
Thank you for your replies, I really appreciate it.

I am a woman with no knowledge of plumbing or tiling at all, but even I do realize that it is a messy job. And no matter how much I tried to live in denial I do realize that it is has to be started all over again.

The person who come has a registered company, is a registered plumber and is on google maps. And gave me a proper receipt. A4 size with header and footer.

Maybe, he got into some really bad habit since took him two days and long... long breaks to do the so called "wonderful pipe work" , as he modestly, call himself a master of the trade.

I don't think I am allowed to post his company link in this forum.

Most grateful to the one who took the time to answer and helped me to face reality. Moving on and starting all over again.

All the best

JKLstar

Please do not pay him for this.

If you have already, ask him for a full refund or face court action.

That is not plumbing work - it's an utter shambles.

You can tell us who he is I think?

.........call himself a master of the trade......

FFS, you don't live in Glasga do ya??!!............... :LOL: :LOL:
D.ck Puller
Master Plumber

I paid him £250, although in the beginning he wanted £400, then settled for £300. But when he decided to just walk out because he could not fit the tiles and I paid £250 after much ado.

laughingchimp.gif

Hope you got your 10% discount

(The 1st Hour 10% Off For All customers)

Phew!! At least it's not Glasgow. Though it doesn't give an address on David's web site??

Sorry, but it looks like a bit of a rip off. I hope you get sorted.

UPDATE Photos in the topic and , also, just had another plumber to apply for the work. He told me:
"The pipes are fine, the dent in the copper pipe will not cause problem. Remove the radiator to fit the tiles. Cut the tiles with a round cutter or something like that....

whatever3.gif

Find a different plumber, the pipe needs to be changed, compression joint and plastic joints to be removed.

Andy

That is diabolical. Where to start..

1. He obviously can't bend pipe or doesn't have a pipe bender
2. You can't use plastic fittings on chrome pipework
3. Plastic & compression fittings shouldn't be buried in plaster
4. A first year apprentice could do a job 5x better

You shouldn't have paid him but understandably if your a women on your own it can be hard to refuse payment. ****s like him make it hard for the rest of us. He doesn't deserve the title of a plumber.

Hmmm, someone should send him an e-mail with the above picture, ask for his opinion on the shambles!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back