Why all the bg engineer bashing?

You let him fit a Ferroli. Obviously the cheapest quote.

You should haver researched more and got a different boiler. ;).

No a mid range one but should have gone with my first choice a Worcester boiler superb it was based on what we could afford at the time his instalation was first class as we found when they inspected the boiler its just a pity
We went for Ferroli a second rate boiler, they used to good so we are told, but not on the new type of boiler they are going down hill now, still we will replace with a worcester next year.

Sponsored Links
Ferroli have never been good derk, and in you last post about your ferroli you said the installer moved so that's why you dont use him? And you haven't had it serviced so have no cover not really his fault is it? £200 s consultation couldnt afford anything better than a ferroli? By all means have a Bosch fitted they are dump to then get British gas cover you seem the type of chap that no independent wants anyway. Bg are good at sales and some guys are ok but most ok guy end up leaving and becoming independent anyway, bg get away with way too much that I would end up in court for or on rouge traders! Bg may get bashed on here why not they most of the time need airing to the public, if I have a problem I get a call direct and moaned at. If you jockeys do anything wrong then a department sorts it then you get a telling off but that department has spoken to a different department already so the next guy in advises a powerflush will fix a thermocouple.

are you saying im talking complete drivel?

in 2011 bg did 11k installations in scotland, that is fact. the market share is 12 percent or something so approx 100k total installations in scotland is probably about right. the point i made that you didnt understand was that the next largest company up here does approx 1500 installs per year.

no wonder people argue so much on these forums when there are people who bait and troll for the fun of it.

100K installations a year in Scotland!!!?? That my friend is complete mince!!
Please post up the facts to confirm your statement. I'm not a troll & you're talking drivel.

Sponsored Links
re read what i said. if you think 100k is too high all that does is further enforce my point.

To be frank, I don't even believe SG are doing 11K installation a year in Scotland. That may be a figure the suits at SG have thought up, after all they're part of a much larger PLC - with shareholders to keep sweet.
The smarter CPSs amongst you, will understand that what goes on in your wee world of sticking a FGA up some old dears flue 5 days a week, has very little to do with the overall business picture. You're only a very small part.

re read what i said. if you think 100k is too high all that does is further enforce my point.

To be frank, I don't even believe SG are doing 11K installation a year in Scotland. That may be a figure the suits at SG have thought up, after all they're part of a much larger PLC - with shareholders to keep sweet.
The smarter CPSs amongst you, will understand that what goes on in your wee world of sticking a FGA up some old dears flue 5 days a week, has very little to do with the overall business picture. You're only a very small part.

i could run and show you the reports with the names and addresses of every single installation i suppose but you probably wouldnt believe that either. so i shall just stop caring.

Ferroli have never been good derk, and in you last post about your ferroli you said the installer moved so that's why you dont use him? And you haven't had it serviced so have no cover not really his fault is it? £200 s consultation couldnt afford anything better than a ferroli? By all means have a Bosch fitted they are dump to then get British gas cover you seem the type of chap that no independent wants anyway. Bg are good at sales and some guys are ok but most ok guy end up leaving and becoming independent anyway, bg get away with way too much that I would end up in court for or on rouge traders! Bg may get bashed on here why not they most of the time need airing to the public, if I have a problem I get a call direct and moaned at. If you jockeys do anything wrong then a department sorts it then you get a telling off but that department has spoken to a different department already so the next guy in advises a powerflush will fix a thermocouple.

Hey Jordan
Thanks for the reply, no in fact we rang the guy who fitted the boiler and did the last service he has arrived today and updated the book for the last service and done a new service today, he is an independant and said he could not understand why British Gas refused to work on the boiler and why Ferroli had not got a gas service listing for this boiler strange, he said British Gas do service other Ferroli boilers but not this one.
Any its all sorted now so we can turn it off soon for thye heating part just the hot water.
Thanks Dekka :D

We bg engineers have got nothing to do with price, as for the other probs if the custard complains then it would get sorted if fitted incorrect, how many independants that make mistakes do you know go back and sort them, what i'm saying is that there are more good bg engineers than bad as with independants. It just seems that if you work for bg then your fair game for abuse.

Biggest load of *******s I have ever heard!

Bg take the money and do not give a feck!

I am constantly visiting elderly people that have been ripped and left with a mess you by bg cowboys!

When you bg engineers were born I bet your first words were power flush

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back